Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Tazor

Tazor Member

The latter, you're essentially paying for 3 scheduled content drops. Regardless of when you buy the pass, you get the same content. So if you buy it at the time of the third DLC's launch next year, you'll get black armory and joker's wild with it.

2. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Hey so um, I've got this game (nfi how) and I'm enjoying it immensely, but I'm CONFUSED AS FUCK as to which version I have, and whether I need to buy the annual pass at all?

I have it through the Blizz launcer. It just says Destiny 2.

There are only two options to buy it on the Blizz launcher, and it's allowing me to purchase either of them? So is it like the base game?

I'm assuming I don't have Expansion 1 or two?

3. OJR

OJR Member

When you launch the game does it say forsaken at all on the splash screen? Also when you start the game and you're on the main screen in destinations, do you have Mercury and Mars as accessible planets?

4. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

No to both.

5. OJR

OJR Member

Then you just have the base game. You should buy Forsaken expansion and you definitely do not need the annual pass till you're over 600 light level. I think if you buy Forsaken you get Osiris and Warmind expansions as well.

6. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Member

Blizz gave out the base game for free

7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Nice. Ok. So I’ll do that. Cause I’m loving destiny right now. Haha

8. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Soz I was wrong, I get this splash screen.

Does that mean I have Forsaken? (including Expansion 1 and 2 since they're included with Forsaken?)
    upload_2019-1-1_11-33-7.png

9. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Ok yeah, so I just finished all the Prologue stuff, and now I'm at The Farm, but there are no clear directions on where to go from here?

IO've got 3 people identified on my map, but none of them tell me anything?

I've got Hawthorne, the postmaster and the person that tells me her story of being driven from her home.

What do?

I read this and did what it said, but no difference.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/79hvsx/im_stuck_at_the_farm/

10. Sunder

Sunder Member

That got me a couple times too.

When you talk to these people, there's a very obvious "okay" button or something similar, but a more subtle "here, take your reward" button.

If you never take the reward, the quest does not progress, even if you click okay.

11. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

If you're unsure, go to the map (M) and press and hold E. That should tell you your next objective in the story.
    It takes a bit of getting used to. As Sunder said, you can easily miss the reward screen when talking to an NPC without realising it

Madengineer likes this.
  12. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Keep talking to NPCs till someone tells you to go to the shadowy place outside the Farm. The Shadowy place is where you'll awaken your powers again./

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Madengineer likes this.
  13. Tazor

Tazor Member

Getting so close to 650, my prime engrams are dropping at 650 now so it's just a matter of getting one for every slot xD currently grinding out blast furnaces to try and get that outlaw/feeding frenzy kill clip/rampage roll

Bertross likes this.
  14. Bertross

Bertross Member

i just hit around 603/5.

I wish they would allow you to save load outs and switch them on the fly or at least per game type. Gambit etc.

15. OJR

OJR Member

I do get owned a lot by the blast furnace in PVP. I'm tempted to grab the anal pass just so I can get it.

16. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Ok so I just went to The Red War? That was the next bit open to me? is that right?

17. Tazor

Tazor Member

It's VERY good. Better than Go Figure or Right Side of Wrong by a decent margin with better rolls available.

I've actually been running Le Monarque with a quickdraw/snapshot SMG in my kinetic slot and a quick access sling on that so I can swap between them really quick. Thinking of changing out the SMG for something else that's better at range but the key concept is hit them with the bow and tap em with the kinetic, the Bow does enough damage that they're usually 1 shot by the time the poison does its thing.

Yep, just keep playing through that. Red War is the base game campaign.

18. Bertross

Bertross Member

Are you guys able to clarify Annual Pass details for me? I've tried to look but can't seem to find a definitive.

Say I buy this in a few months time and it's up to the Joker's wild release. Am I able to go back and play the Black Armory section and also the Joker's wild whenever I like?

Also after the Annual pass is over will all of these seasonal releases tied in specifically to the pass be available or will that all be closed down ready for another annual release?

It seems to me on top of the free seasonal content this will require a lot of investment to make it worth the while. (well it certainly looks worth it going by the content videos).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  19. Tazor

Tazor Member

If you buy this after Joker's Wild comes out you should still be able too play Black Armory content. The Forges won't be removed or require you to buy additional content, the pass essentially grants you access to all content releases of that year regardless of when you buy it.

Like in Siege if you buy the Season pass in Season 4, you still get Seasons 1-3's operators to play.

All of this content is permanent activities that do not expire or go away, unlike Dawning or Iron Bannner ect. so you don't need to be too concerned if you pick it up in March.
    My mates don't have Black Armory and they hit 650 before me so it's certainly not required to hit max power, they just bitch about not having Blast Furnace and Hammerhead constantly (yet refuse to buy the DLC)

Bertross likes this.
  20. OJR

OJR Member

Bahahahahahaha sounds like me.

But I just bought the anal pass.

Bertross likes this.