Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Sunder

Sunder Member

Don't think so. Will have to check when I get home.

2. OJR

OJR Member

Best shotty in the game by far.

3. Bertross

Bertross Member

Definitely go for an Ikelos Shotgun (as OJR mentioned), If you can find a bunch of guys on Mars doing Escalation Protocol and can reach level 7 without too much trouble then it's 100% worth the effort.

4. Tazor

Tazor Member

Plus this weeks it's the only drop, so you can farm for it with pretty high confidence that you will get it

Bertross likes this.
  5. Bertross

Bertross Member

hehe i got lucky and farmed for it last week and got it on the 4th run. I like how it drops to Level 6 after a run and you can quickly try again.

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah, I feel like they should have done that with the Niobe labs Puzzle!

7. Bertross

Bertross Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    OJR likes this.
  8. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah read that this morning after TeaWrex showed it in his stream. This is big, and amazing, news since most of Destiny 2's issues have come from time restraints and pressure from Activision to deliver a particular product that catered to the casuals or was heavily monetised.

With Bungie in complete control I imagine they're going to start driving this game more towards their dedicated player base like Year 3 Destiny 1.

Maybe they'll even make changes to the timeline for Destiny 3, like making Destiny '3' a massive content drop for Destiny 2 that introduces an entire new campaign, locations in something that's 2-3 times bigger than Forsaken.
    I think this would be better than releasing another game, since we'd all keep out current guardian and items and all the currently available Destiny content.

Destiny 2 *kind* of made sense in this not carrying over due to the whole losing your light thing, but I feel like they can't do that AGAIN in Destiny 3 so how are they going to explain going back to Level 1 with shit gear?
    Answer: Don't make a new game where you start over xD

Bertross likes this.
  9. Bertross

Bertross Member

It will be also interesting to see if Bungie delivers a better paying model of content now free of their publisher tyrant. This will also show gamers and the likes thereof if parting from a big publisher like Activision actually makes a difference. This seems to be a pretty rare occurrence in all honestly. You don't often see Triple AAA titles part from a big contract like this.

Even in the shitstorm, EA made with DICE using the star wars license they somehow still remained intact.

As for the Destiny 3 thing yeah I agree. Unless they have a new games engine they should be pushing regular content and keep changing the DLC names like forsaken. I wonder how long it takes for the Annual pass to be free.... ???

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Great! Another launcher to deal with.

11. Tazor

Tazor Member

The graphics and gameplay of Destiny 2 is good enough to remain with the same engine for years if they make incremental updates where it matters.

I would rather the game look the same for the next 5 year but get to keep all of the current content PLUS whatever the continue to release, than get something slightly shinier but with drastically less content.
    Can you imagine how much there would be to do if instead of releasing Destiny 2, Bungie just updated Destiny with MASSIVE content drops like WoW and other MMO's have done?
    6 Raids, probably 50+ strikes, 10's of locations and hundreds of exotics to unlock... You see how they can completely overhaul things like weapon slots and rolls so it would not have been impossible, it was just a matter of making money from the hype train of Destiny 2 and their contract with Activision was to release 3 games in 10 year, so they would not have been allowed to do that within the contractual terms.

Sunder and Bertross like this.
  12. Bertross

Bertross Member

I watched a video and it was stated we are keeping the bnet launcher apparently. Ill try and find the real source.

13. Sunder

Sunder Member

I'd pay a WOW like subscription for that.

14. Tazor

Tazor Member

Bertross likes this.
  15. boneburner

boneburner Member

Why is everyone so worried about launchers? - remember before steam when EVERY game had its own launcher... how did us dinosaurs survive :rolleyes:

Rubberband likes this.
  16. power

power Member

you sound confused, have a lie down gramps.

Bertross likes this.
  17. Bertross

Bertross Member

LOL I see where boneburner is coming from. Just a technicality :p

18. Sunder

Sunder Member

Launchers that stay up in the background do chew up resources, and most want to startup with the PC. Not much on a modern PC, but if you're on a laptop or an older PC, they do start adding up.

Older games generally didn't have launchers that stayed running when the game ran, and certainly didn't try to startup with the PC, so I can see where Night Stalker is coming from.

19. boneburner

boneburner Member

Oh, yes I guess they do - and not that it would apply to many here, but the average user has probably never touched the startup options. Nothing gets on mine unless its absolutely needed.

20. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

I’m stuck on the first forge quest – griffindor forge or whatever.

Up to the part where it says kill captains on Nessus, I do kill, even yellow bar captains and the % doesn’t progress on the quest.

Is it bugged? Or because the forges have changed I can’t progress the quest?