Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Bertross

Bertross Member

ok, thanks that make sense!

Tazor do you typically skip alot of the standard Free content to focus on the Annual Pass content now? Or do you still make an effort to grab all of the weekly bounties and so forth?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Tazor

Tazor Member

I do everything. The forges are just great for earning specific, powerful items, but things like Gambit, Crucible are Strikes are still a big focus.

Been watching streamers try to complete the Niobe Labs puzzle for over 11 hours now.
    Bungie was doing so well until step 6 which is just far too convoluted and complicated that no one can figure it out.
    70 thousand people watching at one stage and they could not work out what people are meant to do... At some point Bungie is gonna need to just tell people what to do next I think - disappointing.

Bertross likes this.
  3. Sunder

Sunder Member

Slight diversion from the topic at hand...

I'm specing for Gambit, and I have a maxed out "Trackless Waste" sub machine gun for trash mobs (fitted with a few things like minor spec mod, kill clip, and threat detector), "Avalanche" for taking out Primevals and Primeval Envoys. I'm happy with both. For a while, I had a maxed out "Misfit" with a boss mod to take out anything with a shield and if I ran out of heavy ammo for the primevals.

I found that nothing else aside from the primevals count as bosses, so I'm kinda looking for another weapon, or possibly just to respec it to a major mod. Other thought is to go a shotty, but then dependent on finding special ammo, which none of my amour is speced to increase the chance of.

What do people think?

4. Bertross

Bertross Member

yeah some of the secrets are pretty crazy! I mean I don't mind a few puzzles and eggs to find but these are like an instruction manual backwards in Chinese.

5. Sunder

Sunder Member

But the Chinese write from right to left... So an instruction manual backwards in Chinese, would just be an instruction manual forwards using Chinese characters? :p

Bertross and OJR like this.
  6. OJR

OJR Member

I swap between Sunshot and a Misfit for my secondary slot. I always run a pulse in primary kinetic slot. I got lucky and scored a Go Figure with Outlaw and Rampage so nothing is replacing that one as primary.

A well rolled Misfit is amazing for burning down shields.

Sunder likes this.
  7. Sunder

Sunder Member

Hmm, probably why I am finding that nothing else I've tried (Graviton lance, King of Wolves) is as effective as Misfit then.

The problem I have is that misfit really only comes out in the Primeval phase. The Envoys have shields and are bosses, so it's perfect. The Primeval itself doesn't have shields, so Trackless Waste, with its superior rate of fire and the fact it's kinetic can do superior DPS, even after the extra damage from the Boss Spec mod.

I guess there's no perfect "God Roll", and I have a fair balance as is.

8. Tazor

Tazor Member

My general loadout for gambit is a precision long range, a powerful close range and a high damage power.

This could be: Blast Furnace+Retold Tale+Tractor Cannon (TC damage buff works well with Retold for Envoy and Primevil melts as they are void shielded)
    Long shadow+Ringing Nail/Kindled Orchid/Trust+Queenbreaker - This is my anti-guardian loadout and invading set-up
    Longshadow+Riskrunner+Hammerhead - This is my ads clearer with sniper for anti-Invasion.

If you don't have Heavy Ammo finder AND Special Ammo finder on at least 1 piece of Armor EACH, I strongly advise you look out for something, as I get more heavy ammo from mobs than the timed drops and get more ammo from random drops too, so it's worth using.

9. Sunder

Sunder Member

I have heavy ammo finder for the Avalanche, but until recently, I didn't use any special ammo, so no point wasting a slot. The heavy ammo finder is amazing. I always have at least 75 rounds by the Primeval phase without ever collecting any from the wall units, and about 1/3rd of the time, have a full 195 rounds. So if I have a full 195 rounds, I use Super to clear trash mobs to get a clear line of sight, then Avalanche to take out two Envoys, and after that, the Primeval falls within 90 seconds, and I can have > 60% Primeval damage on that round.

I need to redo my armour, as I've read a lot of reviews now about the (lack of) effectiveness of target assistance, shaking resistance, etc.

10. Tazor

Tazor Member

Specials like shottys and snipes are too effective in gambit to not equip one. The drops are common enough that you won't be running out.
    Fusions can also be great for clearing tightly packed mobs.

Sunder likes this.
  11. Sunder

Sunder Member

Might try a more traditional shotty than King of Wolves then. Or a sniper for Anti-Invasion/Major spec to help with things like Hydras and the eyeballs. Those are my bane.

12. OJR

OJR Member

DO you have the Ikelos?

Bertross likes this.
  13. Sunder

Sunder Member

Don't think so. Will have to check when I get home.

14. OJR

OJR Member

Best shotty in the game by far.

15. Bertross

Bertross Member

Definitely go for an Ikelos Shotgun (as OJR mentioned), If you can find a bunch of guys on Mars doing Escalation Protocol and can reach level 7 without too much trouble then it's 100% worth the effort.

16. Tazor

Tazor Member

Plus this weeks it's the only drop, so you can farm for it with pretty high confidence that you will get it

Bertross likes this.
  17. Bertross

Bertross Member

hehe i got lucky and farmed for it last week and got it on the 4th run. I like how it drops to Level 6 after a run and you can quickly try again.

18. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah, I feel like they should have done that with the Niobe labs Puzzle!

19. Bertross

Bertross Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    OJR likes this.
  20. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah read that this morning after TeaWrex showed it in his stream. This is big, and amazing, news since most of Destiny 2's issues have come from time restraints and pressure from Activision to deliver a particular product that catered to the casuals or was heavily monetised.

With Bungie in complete control I imagine they're going to start driving this game more towards their dedicated player base like Year 3 Destiny 1.

Maybe they'll even make changes to the timeline for Destiny 3, like making Destiny '3' a massive content drop for Destiny 2 that introduces an entire new campaign, locations in something that's 2-3 times bigger than Forsaken.
    I think this would be better than releasing another game, since we'd all keep out current guardian and items and all the currently available Destiny content.

Destiny 2 *kind* of made sense in this not carrying over due to the whole losing your light thing, but I feel like they can't do that AGAIN in Destiny 3 so how are they going to explain going back to Level 1 with shit gear?
    Answer: Don't make a new game where you start over xD

Bertross likes this.