Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. OJR

OJR Member

We had a good couple of Gambits last night. We failed to kill the meatball again though. :(

2. Sunder

Sunder Member

Thanks! But clearly you need to join the OCAU clan!

3. mechwarrior

mechwarrior Member

Joined the OCAU clan yesterday. New to the whole internet multi player gaming, always been a single player, games running on hard drive.

Really enjoying the game. Just not sure what I should do in the clan environment? Can I still do solo strikes and events and does my deeds help the clan?

4. Sunder

Sunder Member

Clan is pretty quiet. Still haven't done anything with them yet except by accident. (In the same PUG together).

You can still do everything solo, but only half the activities help the clan. Some of the bounties say "Do X". These help the clan regardless. Others say "Do X with clanmates". You wont get anything if you try to do it solo or with a PUG

5. mechwarrior

mechwarrior Member

Thanks for the reply

6. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I unlocked Last Word on Saturday. Stupid grindy quest... Looks cool but not overly useful in PvE. Haven't tried it in PvP yet.
    I'm up for doing OCAU Clan stuff. I'm online most evenings from about 8ish (Sydney time) onwards. Probably wont be tonight though.
    VitaminSamBo is my D2 name

7. Sunder

Sunder Member

Will have to keep an eye out for you.

I've pretty much reached end game content, and OCAU is a bit too quiet to do raids and nightfalls. Every time I look, there's 2-4 people on, but everyone's already in activities, so not sure if I should message to see who's up for what.

8. Tazor

Tazor Member

It's less grindy than D1 xD but yeah, I got to the 4 part step and just stopped playing.. quickly losing interest to be honest.

9. omen_child

omen_child Member

Where is the best place to buy this, and do I need all of the expansion content to give it a go on PC?

I've looked in the Blizzard Launcher, but there's no offer for the base game and only offers $89 for the lot in the "Legendary Collection".

10. Sunder

Sunder Member

Almost certain the Forsaken standard edition $54.95 includes Destiny 2 the base and all previous Xpacs.

Look at the very bottom of the offer. It lists Destiny requirements first, then Destiny Forsaken requirements. All XPacs for Destiny 2 have always included previous Xpacs free.

If in doubt though, raise a support ticket to ask.

On another note, been playing more Gambit, been making some interesting observations about players. I've found sometimes my team does better, if I intentionally do worse. Like I've seen some teams will run straight past a lot of blockers to go collect more motes. Then when they come back with 5, 10, 15 motes, they can't deposit them due to 5+ Phalanxes that have been slowly building up there. Taking one for the team and clearing them will affect my kill/deposit count, but the team does better.

Then there are the players who want all the practice they can get, so just camp the invasion portal, means the other three of us have to gather as much as possible, so I switch from a shottie to Fighting Lion (Primary Ammo grenade.) I then stay back and carpet bomb the trash mobs, and let the other players get the motes, so none of us are carrying too many when we get invaded. With the shottie, I kill fewer, but get all the motes of what I kill (and so look higher ranked), being so up close and personal.

I think "Best player of losing team" doesn't mean much, so I've been pulling back my play style to give us a better chance.