Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Sunder

Sunder Member

A momentous occasion! First clan raid ever?

upload_2019-4-18_22-28-21.png

2. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Got Jotunn last night and today I got Arbalest. Did a run of the Forest event today which lasted nearly 2 hours.... Using the grenade potion just makes it so easy.

Attached Files:

3. OJR

OJR Member

I wanna do more raids. Only ever done Leviathan once.

4. Sunder

Sunder Member

Would be good to try to organise a Clan run, but we are losing more members than we are gaining.

Still, we have enough. Best time for me is Saturday nights. I can usually get 2 more friends on, 3 if I am lucky.

SamBoio saw you on this morning, but I was just doing dailies (in hope of getting catalyst for Huckleberry and Prometheus. Should have joined you!

5. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Hit me up if you ever want to group up.
    I'm keen to do raids at some point. Friday and Saturday evenings (east coast time) are usually the best times for me

6. OJR

OJR Member

GG last night boys. I never knew I could have so much fun playing so badly. :lol:

7. Sunder

Sunder Member

Haha. We had our moments, but not enough of them to get us any wins. I can't believe I was the worst player, dropping 20 motes in one round, then earning Thrillmonger (40 kills without dying) and massacre (12 kills in 3 seconds), in the next.

I will be on again tonight, but IRL friends want to play, and they feel they are too low level to raid, so I might not be able to join you guys.

8. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

Leviathan is capped at 300, Spire of Stars is 380 iirc, Last Wish is 585 at the last encounter, and Scourge is 650 at final encounter.

If they are anywhere near any of those levels they can do a raid, not to mention they will get gear to level them up (LW and Scourge only)

ALSO, the drifter has 4 bounties per character to power level each character to 640

9. Sunder

Sunder Member

When you say "capped", does that mean that whether your equipment is 700, or 301, in Leviathan, you perform as if you all had 300 gear?

10. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

yup.
    Although, gear now has way more stats on it compared to how gear was back when 300 was max, so you're still going to be ahead, a bit.

11. OJR

OJR Member

Funny thing is, I’m 700 on 2 out of 3 toons but still have NFI what to do in a RAID. Light level doesn’t mean skill.

Last night proved that! :lol:

12. Sunder

Sunder Member

There's also shooting and dodging skill, and team coordination skill. Reading up during lunch today about the Attunement of Grace build and strategy, I have a lot to learn for the latter. Almost all my abilities are designed to help the team, not me (knew that), but didn't realise how much of a feedback loop you can create if you coordinate if you work together. E.g. Party kills in Well of Radiance, recharges my abilities, so while you guys are killing, I should be grenade spamming and punching (which again, gives team members ANOTHER 20% DPS).

13. OJR

OJR Member

Yup all those little intricate details I have no idea about. Destiny 2 is a very detailed game. A lot of people don’t see that. I didn’t initially

14. OJR

OJR Member

A bit late to the party I know... but what a grind...

[​IMG]

Sunder likes this.
  15. Sunder

Sunder Member

Congrats :) Mine keep going up and down as I find new weapons and armor I want to play with :)

OJR likes this.
  16. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

yeah the point of my post was to say the leviathan raid is scaled in terms of enemy damage and health more so than the other raids, so whether you are 301 or 700 it doesnt matter... whereas last wish and scourge, if you are above the light level for the encounters then you will find it significantly easier

17. Sunder

Sunder Member

The RNG Gods are on my side tonight. 5 run streak:

upload_2019-4-28_22-16-28.png

18. OJR

OJR Member

That's because we weren't there to drag you down. :lol:

Sunder likes this.
  19. Sunder

Sunder Member

I was coming last in some of our rounds ;) I think it really was luck of the draw. Each time, I had a really good (different) PvPer on my team, which totally freed me up to be dropping in 40-50 motes each ROUND (not each match). I'd never have to worry too much about holding too many motes, when an invader came in, because they were usually dead within 10 seconds. It was rush in with prometheus lens, get my own 15. If there was anyone left standing, drop a healing rift with Lunafaction boots (Auto reload), switch to Breakneck, and with Rampage/Onslaught/Rampage Mod, do Scout rifle damage, with Sub Machine gun fire rate, and Machine Gun clip size, and the rest of my team could pick up any motes I couldn't... Then drop together - A knight, and a couple goblins shielding him is a pretty tough blocker combo to break through.

OJR likes this.
  20. OJR

OJR Member