1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Sunder

Sunder Member

Install the Phone App and just invite yourself in. Its instant, no approval necessary. In fact, if you join before reset, I think we've unlocked 3 of the 4 clan engrams this week already, so there's 3 free powerfuls for you just gor joining!

Let me know what your handle is. Mine is the same on both platforms.

2. Sunder

Sunder Member

I've played twice, and still working it out. As far as i can tell, you get a total time limit and a round time limit. First time I had a great team, died only maybe 3 or 4 times, did 4 rounds and went straight to the boss. 2nd time, got a weak team, and spent a lot of time trying to res people and dying myself. Odd thing is we lost about 8 rounds. I.e. all of them, but we still got the boss. Loot was a lot less but I can't tell if that was from losing or because part of the first attempt got bonus gear, like a weekly bonus.

Each round has some kind of objective, sometimes clear, sometimes not. Like the first round is always lighting the fires, but then its randdomised. Some you have to collect and store souls, others destroy crystals using weapons that enemies drop.

May have to watch a tutorial video tonight before going again to make it fair on other players. That said. Pretty sure in the 2nd round most players didn't know what to do either. Nobody was depositing souls except me that I could see.

3. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

No cross play, only cross save. meh.
    I like how they're turning the game into a free platform to get new people in. Hopefully that will boost the community a bit.
    I like the look of the armour customisation they're looking at implementing!

4. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Thanks, I'm NaturalCause.

5. Sunder

Sunder Member

Usually I'm appreciative of good Invaders on my side... After last week's Opulence bounty requiring Crucible matches, I got a bit of practices in PVP. Seems this time I was the good invader.

The enemy summoned about a minute before us, but I got them back to full health so many times we still won. Must have denied 40+ motes.

upload_2019-6-23_23-19-58.png

Gotta say though. Even as someone who is now making use of invading, I think it's OP. In Crucible, I'm usually 0.6-0.8 efficiency. In Gambit, as an invader, haven't failed to kill at least 2 per invade. Having the extra shield, the wall hack, having a heavy weapon ready when you go in... Huge advantage.

6. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Sunder and I were talking last night about raid options. I haven't done much raiding in this game at all and I would like to change that. I also discovered I'm the Clan leader now (I didn't realise this earlier!!!).
    I don't want the OCAU clan to die, so I guess we have the following options:
    1) Get more OCAU people playing. Yes, do it! ;)
    2) Recruit other players who aren't necessarily OCAU members (I don't really see a problem with this, but I'd prefer option 1).
    3) Just wait until Shadowkeep and the move to Steam and see if numbers pick up there (maybe Bungee will make it easier to form Raid teams?).

Any other suggestions?

7. Sunder

Sunder Member

Last option I suggested, but probably least desirable, was to merge with another clan. Let's give all others a shot first though.

8. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Sorry, I forgot that option.

9. SimParadox

SimParadox Member

I had a similar problem. My clan ( a group of friends all in their 50s [btw this is the only reason why I haven't joined the OCAU Clan]) couldn't get its 'active' membership beyond five. One of our guys found the Discord group 'Destiny 2 PC LFG'.

It's been brilliant. There are heaps of sherpas to help, and we've been lucky with getting some good (patient!) ones. Having not done any raids previously, we've knocked over about half a dozen in the last two weeks.

Let me know if you have difficulty finding/joining it.

10. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Thanks, I joined this yesterday. Looks very complicated for a discord-noob like me, but I got registered etc. I'll try actually using it this weekend.

11. Sunder

Sunder Member

Tips and tricks for an even noobier discord user?

Not sure how much time I will get to play this weekend, but definitely want to get into more raiding if possible.

12. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Just follow the prompts on it when you join. It steps you through linking your Bungie account details to the Discord channel. Just looks a bit overwhelming when you join as they have so many chat rooms in there. I'll try it out this weekend and see how I go. I'll keep you posted.

13. Sunder

Sunder Member

Okay, just joined. Yeah, they use Bungie's federated identity features to share some pretty basic information with Discord - and the bot that runs discord, Charlemagne. Now, I can't screenshot just the Gambits and Crucibles I won, and quietly never speak of the ones I got owned in :/

Once you're in, it doesn't look too difficult - lots of channels LFGing for anything from raids to exotic quests. Once you find a group on Discord, I'm guessing nothing else is automatic, going to have to add friends to group up in game.

Will prove to be interesting. Hope to get some time on the weekend to do this.

14. banshee

banshee Member

Springwood, West of Hell (Sydney, actually)
    Hmmm, just spotted this. Might look into locating the clan. Though like SimParadox, I haven't chased up joining a clan, now being in the >50 bracket...

15. SimParadox

SimParadox Member

Did the Last Wish raid tonight for the first time and got One Thousand Voices drop! Three of us got the drop, with two of us being first-time noobs! :D

OJR likes this.
  16. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

Nice! Lucky you!
    I didn't get much game time over the weekend, so I haven't really tried out this discord chat properly yet.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  17. Sunder

Sunder Member

Saw this on Reddit, looking up how to get Jotunn...

Got laughs. Got Jotunn first go! What a night!

[​IMG]

OJR and PsychoticOrc like this.
  18. PsychoticOrc

PsychoticOrc Member

Can I just say how awesome cross save is! I've gone from using my xbox one x to using my PC and playing at 1440p 165hz is a MUCH more enjoyable experience than using my 4k tv. It actually feels like i'm playing a whole new game now, the experience is much better on PC.

OJR likes this.
  19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I didnt know the migration was forced. Better link your profiles before the cut off or lose your account.

20. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member