1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frag, Mar 31, 2017.

1. OJR

OJR Member

Isn't it the same thing? 4 seasons = one year?

2. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

But they are different things - if you want the annual pass from forsaken you need to buy forsaken, buying deluxe shadowkeep wont give you an annual pass.

3. OJR

OJR Member

I already own Forsaken and have used the annual for a year. It has now expired. I thought the 4 season pass was the annual pass.

4. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

It doesn't work like that anymore.
    If you buy forsaken then you get forsaken + the annual pass content all unlocked, it doesnt expire.
    Then every few months a new Season Pass rolls around - these work like a battlepass in other games, 100 tiers, get rewards at every tier, free option has rewards every few tiers.
    Currently if you buy shadowkeep you get shadowkeep plus 1 season pass, if you buy the deluxe you also get the next 3.

5. OJR

OJR Member

OK so no more annual pass? And they have moved to a battle pass type model like Fortnite?

EDIT: Excuse my n00bness. I had all but given up on D2 but stupidly fired it up last week and found myself grinding my Titan up to 900.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  6. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Correct, if you already own Forsaken you don't need to worry about annual pass ever again, you have all the content from them available to you (Like you wont automatically get the exotics but they are available for you to go unlock/farm/quest for). So the current Season pass (Fortnite Battlepass type thing) ends on Dec 10 (Having started on October 1st). I am assuming there is a bit of downtime between the season passes.

OJR likes this.
  7. OJR

OJR Member

Thanks for the explanation. I should have googled it.

So... I guess I'm back... who wants a game?

8. SamBoio

SamBoio Member

I'm always keen for a game. All 3 characters are over 950 with my warlock on 961

9. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

All good! It is what forums are for after all surely. I have found googling certain things about d2 gives you out dated info, basically anything published before October 1st runs the risk of having changed slightly.

10. Bertross

Bertross Member

All your answers lay within, good luck making sense of it!

https://www.bungie.net/

11. OJR

OJR Member

I can't access gaming sites at work :(

12. RnR

RnR Member

Can anyone tell me why exotic weapons is a thing when you can't field barrier/overload/etc mods on them?

I do like my exotic armour that gives me an extra grenade... but just don't see the point for exotic weapons :confused:

13. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

They have their own unique perks, a lot of them are largely shite/gimmick though which is the problem.

14. RnR

RnR Member

Its a problem for newbs like me. We get a cool piece of exotic gear (Huckleberry) and start burning through enhancement cores to get to masterforged status (not to mention infusing the weapon multiple times), only to realise that this effort is wasted at the higher levels when the NPC's suddenly needs additional weapon slots to damage them - wut?

Its a shit system.

15. Tazor

Tazor Member

Nah I'm not planning on it, I won't be past 950 til after then anyway lol

16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Preaching to the choir mate. I only started when it went free on October first this year. Every time i get an exotic I give them a go, very few have stayed out of the vault though. Riskrunner was my first exotic and still gets some use though. And Jade Rabbit was fun in last weeks pvp mode. But you're right.

17. OJR

OJR Member

The real beauty of exotics come from pairing them with certain skills or certain pieces of armour. Like Diablo 3, you can make certain builds. There are hundreds of build guides on youtube etc.

18. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

MIDA Multi-tool exotic paired with MIDA Mini-tool for example! Makes getting into the Underbelly of leviathan a bit easier!
    Also Izaganis Burden is pretty much PvE meta atm.

19. RnR

RnR Member

No question on exotic armour - happy to use and infuse. Playing Titan and 2 magnetic grenades from my exotic breastplate is kinda cool and useful. Got another one last week that does heals on every Barricade use.

I have those two... hmm...

20. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

They give you a movement speed buff when you have them both on I believe.
    Im sure there are heaps of little funky combinations involving an exotic weapon you can use, there are like 1000000 hand cannons surely one of them is useful :p