1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Philll, Feb 18, 2013.

1. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Speaker and Mat exchange

[​IMG]

New Monarchy

[​IMG]

Crucible Handler

[​IMG]

"Ascending" old weapons with current attack damage.

[​IMG]

Ascending/Updating Exotic weapons no longer requires Xur

[​IMG]

House of Wolves Weapons can be "Reforged" like Iron Banner gear

[​IMG]

Gunsmith is the NPC who will reforge weapons, he also stocks telemetries

[​IMG]

2. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Bring on the 365 Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker and Red Death... :D

3. c.f4

c.f4 Member

So only 36 light gearavailable from vendors?

4. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

All legendaries can be upgraded to max light level for level cap as long as you get the Etheric Light but yes, vendor gear starts at 36 Light.

5. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

So I assume that this includes the gear that you get from VoG as well. Because I really like the look of the VoG gauntlets for the Titan.

It'll also give me some more variety of what I can wear, so I'll be grabbing all the old vendor gear as well. :thumbup:

6. Mithickus

Mithickus Member

Had a couple of fun games in the Iron Banner last night. Here's the ending to one of them.

7. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Sigh.. I wish they'd allow you to purchase faction gear (dead orbit, new monarchy and future war cult) using vanguard $... crucible has their own direct vendors, vanguard has theirs.. why the fuck should I be required to play crucible solely to access faction gear. It makes no sense. Why in christ am I running patrols for said factions if it's not gaining me something from them?

8. muppetman

muppetman Member

Totally. They're moving more and more towards forcing PvP on us :( BAH
    And yea I've always wondered what that's all about when you do a patrol for a faction and still only get vanguard rep - wtf Bungie.

Honestly I don't care about looking different so I think I'll just lvl up factions for the gift packages

Anyway... I now haz 3x Gjallarhorn :D so I'm happy haha

9. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

i was hoping to snag 150 crucible marks before HoW drops, coz the Future War Cult astrolord helmet looks so sick with the sunsetting shader and crota gear/ruin wings. i have it now but the FWC vendor version has healing from an orb.

but 150 marks in the crucible is painful.

10. Roger

Roger Member

After HoW they are doubling the number of marks and rep you get from Crucible at least, lol.

Just hit 199 marks on my Warlock last night, trying to get Iron Banner gear gets you marks pretty quickly, lol.

11. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

I'm currently in the process of raising my factions to just before they level so that when House of Wolves starts, I can easily just finish leveling them and hopefully get some HoW gear as a reward.
    Hunter is done and just finishing off Titan.

[​IMG]

12. Roger

Roger Member

From my understanding of what I have read if you happen to get any cryptarch packages, keep them in the mailbox, if you collect them after HoW, the engrams they spawn *should* be new items, I have 2 of my characters at just off a cryptarch rank (just in case) and have started just decrypting engrams on my warlock.

I think all my characters have 2 factions just below cap (Vanguard and their main one) and are working on a third faction.

13. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Guess it can't hurt keeping Cryptarch packages in the post master. Will start doing that.

14. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

yep doing the same thing as i heard that too. also the Public Event package you get from your first for the each day, keep those. apparently they actually drop 5000XP when you open on. so great for leveling new gear very fast if you open all at once ;)

finally, finally, last night after running all raids and whatever on reset, i finished off the Crucible portion of the Thorn bounty. fuck me i hate Crucible, Iron Banner was actually really fun and what i used to get the bounty to 459/500 kills. but those last few kills back in the normal mode...thats me. im done. no more Crucible except when Iron Banner is here haha. fucking HATE it.

i still have 2x Bad Juju bounties to run on Titan and Hunter to complete them and be ready for when HoW drops, to get the newer version without spending a shard. but man...might just wait. least its only grinding out points and not actually trying to manage a decent run and KDR :p

15. Roger

Roger Member

Have a fully levelled Bad Juju that my warlock uses and 2 more in the bank I am going to level and break down, lol, if you break down a fully XPd exotic there is a chance they break down into 2 exotic shards, not like I am doing anything else with the XP.

16. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Nearly maxed out my newly acquired Super Good Advice. It's not the most stable of weapons, but god damn is it fun with the perk. :D:thumbup:
    I've put Truth on the backburner while I rank it up. LMGs really are fun.

Both Titan and Warlock are 32, Hunter is 31, and all that is left is to pick up the VoG raid gear I'm missing for all 3, then get the last of the stuff from Crota for my Hunter. Doubt I can get it all before HoW drops, but that's ok, I still have so many exotic weapons to max I'll have enough playtime for months :Paranoid:

17. Blah72

Blah72 Member

Has anyone else had problems playing destiny? It nearly f***** up my ps4 just now. In the middle of a match, suddenly ps4 starts beeping, kicks me out of the game back to the ps4 menu, ejects the disc. So I put the disc back in, load up destiny, start another game, same thing. Only now when it ejected the disc I can here the drive like spinning/making some weird noise continuously and it won't let me put any discs in.

18. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

yeah i got 2 shards from a Super Good Advice othe day actually. i had all the upgrade slots unlocked but had only purchased a few since i didnt really use it.

i have 3 Bad Juju's, 1 fully levelled and 2 levelled up to requiring a shard. but what i am doing is the bounty again until you have to hand it in, then waiting until HoW DLC drops. that way when i hand in, i will get the new 365dmg version straight away. just saves on spending a shard. only catch, will have to level again. but thats ok, i really enjoy using Bad Juju.

doing the same with Super Good Advice. have 1 of those bounties on each character now, just waiting for DLC. will only keep 1 SGA though i'd say, barely even use 1 now as it is anyway. thing is, its the only solar LMG i've ever had drop for me.

yeah mate i got that a few times. have you got anything sitting on top of your PS4? like a controller or charge station or headset dock or something?

APPARENTLY, its due to some rubber piece under the PS4, it gets hot or something and swells up, which then triggers the eject function and coz it keeps touching the eject circuit it just wigs out. dunno how true that is but i found that info when i Google'd it when mine did it. just turn off PS4, wait about 5 mins and turn back on. should all be sweet.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  19. Blah72

Blah72 Member

Cheers for that. Just got up, wondered what this weird noise was, went to my lounge room to find the ps4 had turned itself on while I was asleep and ejected the disc and was making a spinning/grinding noise from the disc drive. It won't turn off either, it just keep a beeping unless I pull out the power cord. Sending this shit back to Sony, for the second time :thumbdn:

20. c.f4

c.f4 Member

SGA is good fun. Underwhelming for pvp though.

Truth on the other hand. Jesus christ...