1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Philll, Feb 18, 2013.

1. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

I am on PS4, seems all of you are on Xbox?

2. sbm888

sbm888 Member

add me if you wanna play (PSN - atomukirin)

I play nightly around 8pm (Adelaide time) or as soon as the kids are asleep.
    for 2 hours or so, or until wifey needs me to cuddle.

I'd like to do the raid together with people who haven't done it before.

or just team up and do anything.

I'm at light 286 now I think, will be 290+ tonight.

i like pvp more, however can't get anywhere unless you pve first in this game

3. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Sent you friend request.

4. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I'll do so in the next few days also.

Didn't realise you could sacrifice weapons to upgrade lower level ones so we can keep ones we like. Sugar. But i have a couple from before TK so might upgrade them as i liked those :thumbup:

5. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Not sure if pre TTK weapons and armour can be upgraded.

Im at 259 light now, and the 41 strikes are easier, but still a major exercise if you get crappy team mates.

Guess the 36 strikes are still the way to go lol. Although if there's someone on XB1 that wants to carry me through another 3 heroics for the quest, I won't say no lol.

6. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I was really enjoying the lvl 20 strikes recently :lol:

Got some nice gear! Didn't know about the new level system meaning the gear dropped is actually based on what gear you wear so you won't get shit low stuff all the time, but makes sense why everything i got seemed pretty decent.

Anyone know how you can get those bonuses that mean you get extra vanguard drops or points etc? I got one recently and lasted until i left the strike playlist. Would love it again

7. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

I think it's 5 strikes in a row and the bonus activates. It lasts until you leave the playlist. :thumbup:

8. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Nice thanks. Time to strike it up again ^_^

9. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

just recently got this on the xbone. I'm lvl ~9 and have been playing this mostly on my own.

Would be pretty nice to have a few more people to play with, so add me on xbone GT is pr3sid3ntm0n.

10. Huynhie

Huynhie Member

I seem to be getting more afk'er and people leaving from the heroic strikes compared to the pre-TTK strikes.

Anyway such is life...

11. Huynhie

Huynhie Member

Best advise would be to do all the story missions first to unlock the additional content and to quickly level up and so that you can participate in the much harder content which is basically everything that came with The Taken King.

Did you get the "Spark of Light" from the postmaster in the tower? This will instantly level up a character to level 25.

12. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I was thinking of starting a hunter and doing using the spark. I've got a 40 Warlock and 12 or so Titan, but part of me thinks i should just keep playing and when i create one just level him up normal...unless i can skip all the story missions etc, but i'd still have shit gear.

13. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

I did it mainly to unlock grimoire/achievement points, but I only play my main. My lock still at lvl 3.

14. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Not yet. I've pretty much unlocked the moon and that's about it.

15. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Anyone on XB1 who wants a raid/strike buddy then feel free to add me. I'm usually on in the afternoon/evenings. Never on weekends though. :thumbup:

16. Huynhie

Huynhie Member

I couldn't add you using your XBone username: Flaming_Snake

17. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Try it with a space instead of the _. That might be it, I've been meaning to change the signature lol.

18. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

infusion has to be one of the best additions to the leveling scheme. I got my 240 rocket launcher up to 284. Sitting at 277 light at them moment, it' getting harder to find better gear without going end game.

Happy to try a RAID if anyone needs a player or 2 (i always play with a mate).

19. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Thanks for the adds you 2! I'll probably start playing destiny again sometime next week, I think i'll probably finish Mad Max by the end of this weekend :)

20. Roger

Roger Member

Run strikes, collect engrams and decrypt them one at a time, if what you get is higher light that what you have currently equip it and do the next one.

Its a pretty nice system, feels like you are always improving your stuff, and the infusing lets you keep your favourites.