1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Philll, Feb 18, 2013.

1. HellbentNathan

HellbentNathan Member

I've gotten to the final boss and know the strategy we were all just underleveled at the time, I think we only had 2 people above 360 at the time. Now its just a matter of getting on and doing it.

I'm down to play so add me and let me know. GT is HellbentNathan

Pretty sure I have you added already although I think you are set to appear offline

2. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Yeah not sure why I did that in the first place lol. Changed it so I should show up as online. I think... :thumbup:

3. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

got hard raid done tonight, actually isnt too bad, bloody Vosiks is the hardest part imo, that room is terrible.

also one of our mates got trolled so hard on the bridge. he's gonna upload the video, but basically we were at the end and the slicer tank went down, so he ran down and grabbed one of the machine parts to take it up towards the final ramp, but as he did a piece of the exploding tank flew down and trapped him and actually pushed back, down, and into the hole behind so he died and took a part with him, causing a wipe hahaha. we already had 2 dead anyway but yeah. it's way funnier when you see it but you couldn't plan that shit ay, just one of those things.

4. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

Finally finished the raid the other day, then smashed through it today on the warlock too.

Titan and Warlock are now 385, and hunter is sitting happily at 377. Just have to move on to hard mode now, shouldn't be that bad, just have to find a group that's willing to take a 385 along. :rolleyes::thumbdn:

5. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

All are up to 385, now the hardest part will be finding a group to do hard, and doing the first part of Outbreak Prime. Can't find anyone on LFG for it either. :Paranoid:

6. HellbentNathan

HellbentNathan Member

I was gonna say the other day, no love for hunters :p but now they're all up to 385 I cant really lol

I have some people who usually raid at least once a week on hard, they usually are able to get anyone who wants to do it through each week. I can find out when they are raiding next and see if we can get some spots if you like. I also need to get outbreak prime. I still haven't finished the raid yet, been playing some other games recently.

Pretty sure you left my fireteam on a stupid strike last night, undying mind on void burn with precursor vex in the tunnel was not fun at all.

7. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

I main a Titan, and it was just taking time for me to grind them all up. Hunter just got shortchanged to last lol :p

That'd be awesome, I can see Outbreak Prime is going to be a royal pain, but I'm always willing to share the pain :thumbup:

Yeah sorry about that, I didn't realise it was 6:30 so I had to go cook dinner, mrs wasn't impressed :lol:

8. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

at this stage, most people will have their Primes, so shouldnt be too bad. only real drama will be the 3 boss kills in raid with 2 others at the same stage of the quest.

but, worst case, you can farm the first guy if need be. i dont think it has to be each boss (siege tank counts as boss)

9. HellbentNathan

HellbentNathan Member

Titan is my least favorite class lol, I main a Hunter so they're always my favorites. If you need a pretty decent way to level up, Iron Banner is on and has been dropping some pretty consistent higher light gear. Although some people don't like Rift and it sucks against a well coordinated team.

I've seen the quest for outbreak prime, its gonna be a long one. We'll need to find a warlock to do it with too. My roommate mains a titan so we could do it with him, but after about the 3rd update to Rise of Iron something they did broke the connection of 2 players on the same network, I haven't seen a fix yet, we can connect it just takes ages to get into the same fireteam.

What do you mean you have a life outside games? :p All good, I'm trying to get back into a regular schedule just so that I can do SRL next week.

I think we need to do the whole raid, I don't think it has to be on hard though.

10. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

nah definitely doesnt have to be on hard. and it does say complete Wrath of the Machine, however the objective is to kill 3 bosses. Which are the first guy who's name i can't remember, the siege engine and Aksis. BUT, you can farm the first guy 3 time and it still counts. Or even do him and the Siege engine since it is pretty simple, then restart the raid and kill 1st boss again.

reason for that is depending on who you play with and how, I would say you wouldnt need a whole 6 man to do those parts. But yeah most people just finish the raid for the finish plus 3 bosses come complete as standard.

11. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

My warlock has the quest too (at least I think he does), and since I only need one outbreak prime i'm happy to do it on him :thumbup:

I'm not really fussed on which character does it, as long as it's done :D

12. HellbentNathan

HellbentNathan Member

Probably just as easy to do the whole raid if you have a team but as you said it depends on the team.

We'll get there one way or another.

Might have a warlock as well, just need to work out if he's got a group for it, not sure when the next hard mode raid will be either.

I managed to get my Hunter up to 387 this week and also finished the raid finally. Iron Banner really helped me level up as well and the scout rifle on sale from Efrideet is really good too.

13. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Some awesome patch notes for next reset, one thing i really love, took them long enough ffs, is allowing those exclusive Gunsmith Rank 2 legendaries to be re-bought. Means us hoarders can dismantle the Titan's Immobius POS and at least have the option to get it back again without making a whole new character.

bloke from our group made a new Hunter and started again just to get the sniper rifle haha. is worth it but.

14. HellbentNathan

HellbentNathan Member

The new update is pretty cool, the updated strikes have some new mechanics which makes them more interesting. I also saw a video about a theory of all the old raids getting an update next as all the strikes are related to them. The best thing for me in the update is that green engrams now dismantle into materials automatically. I still have Stillpiercer, Susanoo and Immobius but its nice to have to option to get them back if I dismantle them.

SRL is pretty fun, I finished the quest but I'll probably play a bit more while its on and I'm home for the next couple of days.

15. Jimmyb53

Jimmyb53 Member

New update is actually pretty awesome, love the scoring system too.

Finally found a group to run me through Hard mode on the raid. Didn't manage to beat Aksis, but we got all the way up to part 2, and boosted me from 386 to 391 in the process. :thumbup:

16. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

yeah new strike system is fun, the racing is great for farming gear but gets fukn annoying coz of the shitty sparrow physics, you go from being a lead weight to a ping pong ball.

17. Sledge

Sledge Member

so how do i get the DLC for this game without buying the whole thing again?
    Just went and bought it again.. oh wells

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017