1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Philll, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Member

Ran the raid with my clan for the first time on the weekend on my level 25 hunter (only character so far), was from the Gorgans maze onward.

Got the chest piece from the first boss we defeated, I was thinking, "Oh cool, an item", I didn't realise how hard they were to get until someone said something, lol.

Didn't get anything from the final boss though other than the shader and some crafting ingredients. Got me to 26 though.

2. iNoob

iNoob Member

Done raid 4 times. No armor. :rolleyes:

3. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

First hard raid tonight (warlock), did everything short of Atheon and all I got was energy/shards... Was still fun though, excellent group I've been raiding with lately (fart squad). Great bunch, even the piss farting over comms is a laugh. :lol:

Then did the easy raid with my titan and got greaves (again) and gauntlets (again) and an Atheons epilogue (again) - though I'm not unhappy about the gun... Aaaaannnnd more Chatterwhite.

Knocked out the nightfall with my warlock and had my sons hunter in the background in case I needed to revive myself... I snagged Heart of Praxic fire, which will be great if I can snag the raid helmet or something else worthy when the expansion comes out... My sons character snagged Hard Light, the auto rifle. That thing is bloody awesome. I'm pretty confident I'd trade my suros in for one.

About to do the same with my titan and my daughters hunter.. See what happens. I bet she gets Gjallahorn or Icebreaker and I'll get something crap. :lol:

4. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Just did the nightfall with my and my daughters characters...

Now, this all most proves there is something funny going on with the RNG.. My titan and my daughters hunter, all they both got were purple engrams. Mine secondary, hers heavy... Hers turned into a half decent machine gun, which she needed. Mine turned into another FUCKING shotgun.
    Excuse me, Destiny, you can take every shotgun you've given me and cram it fair up your clacker. I hate them, but I get them three times as much as any thing else.

I desperately need another sniper rifle.. I have patience and time and some random dead orbit sniper rifle that only holds 3 rounds. Both are arc.. This game does not seem to want to give me a solar or void sniper rifle that is anything above rare. :tongue:

edit: No, it didn't take that long... I did other crap first. Took 45 minutes. Not bad.jpg

5. tommyphillips

tommyphillips Member

Down the bottom? Not sure what you mean. On earth I try to get them as they come out of that room

6. tommyphillips

tommyphillips Member

So yesterday aafter having a few days off I decided I really wanted the iron banner cloak for my hunter. So I got home around 4.30 and start smashing iron banner. Get to level 3 pretty quickly and buy the boots. Leaving me 2 hours to get to level 4. I manage to do it with 10 minutes to spare. But then I realized I only had 1000 glimmer so I race to the exclusion O e and farm glimmer until 2 minutes to go. I'm sitting at 3500 but have 5 network keys, I go back to the tower, excellent the back area is still open. I cash in on the network keys but then realise I only had 3 and 5 resupply codes.

I frantically try to dismantle stuff but am down to good stuff, second atheons epilogue it can go, second doctor nope is gone bit I'm only getgettiabout 50 glimmer, surely an exotic will help, second mask of the third man, get 28 glimmer Wtf???? Oh well maybe if I don't exit the character it won't tick over, go farm another run. Come back, area is closed. Goddammit! Mate in party says he is still in back area of tower, I go join him and the guy is still there, not selling any guns or armour but has the cloak! I was far happier than I should have been for some thing in a game

Anyway, did ard raid on my new Hunter got fatebringer and 2 helmets, ok raid for me, if I get gloves I can get to level 30.

2 nightfalls with titans get armourmantarium and the skullfort helmet, already have both, haven't compared stats, did nightfall with another bloke and phogath was a smidgen off dying when we both killed ourselves with rockets when a night appeared out of nowhere.

7. muppetman

muppetman Member

Nightfalls gave me nothing useful this week either. Got an exotic helmet for my hunter which I already had (fine. don't give me a warlock one.....) and some legendary solar sniper....

Thanks to help from Juzzy I got my Titan to lvl 20 and seeing as I had a whole armour set in the vault it went straight to lvl 25!
    I'll see if I can get it to 28 this week to try and run the nightfall again :D

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  8. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

got sweet fuck all out of the fartsquad raids last night, found verdict for the 5th time (ive dismantled 4), my 4th hezen vengeance and a dickload of shards and evergy.

out of the 3 nightfalls i got the Apotheosis Veil warlock helm so now i have every piece of exotic warlock armour to date... i got a 3rd monte carlo and 10 shards. So now im sitting on 130 energy and 100+ shards :thumbdn:

9. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Still Atheon to go tonight on 30. :D

10. muppetman

muppetman Member

I'll join if there's a spot :thumbup:

11. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

There was a group of us doing it last night, incl some from here.. We got as far as atheon then gave up in favour of completing it tonight.

12. muppetman

muppetman Member

Yea I know I missed out on the run haha ;)

If someone from last night can't do it tonight is what I meant :thumbup:

I just want the bloody raid helmet lol. So sick of being stuck at 29.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  13. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Ahh yeah, I remember them saying someone was cooking tea or something? :tongue:

What time are we finishing Atheon off tonight? Just got home from work and keener than mustard. :D

14. iNoob

iNoob Member

Also weird issue, probably a setting issue.

When I join PS4 party and can hear everyone in game, the moment I plug my mic in I mute the party, what's the audio settings in game to fix this shit lol.

15. PsydFX

PsydFX Member

Is everyone aware of Destiny Tracker? I'd never heard of it until recently. Worth a look if you've never seen it.

16. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

17. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

lol I think I'll be taking a bit of a break from Destiny, will log in every now and then (mostly just to do the weekly, nightfall and occasional daily and raid).

Got Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Assassin's Creed Unity to play. Too many games and not enough time :p (oh what a world!).

My Destiny gear is already pretty sweet. Much as it sucks that I haven't gotten a single character to 30 yet...

18. Stevros

Stevros Member

My god!! Destiny just lost their best customer! Average player hours might take a bit of a hit.

19. Tazor

Tazor Member

That makes me curious as to what other peoples hours are up to. According to Xbox I'm just shy of 400 hours. I haven't been this addicted to a game since my four year addiction to gears of war one... Still not even slightly done with this. Just need to bits of raid gear for level 30 :/

20. muppetman

muppetman Member

Tell me about it! The only thing keeping me there at the moment is getting all my characters to 28-30...

$%!#%$%^@#$%^%@!$#%^*@! most frustrating thing ever. I've also been stuck on lvl 29 for WAY TOO LONG

On that note if y'all are doing atheon on hard tonight I'd love to tag along if possible so I can at least try to get the bloody raid helm :thumbup: