1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Philll, Feb 18, 2013.

1. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Once the DLC is out I'll likely be playing it again more frequently :p

I'm at 409 hours total across my three characters but this includes the time I leave myself logged in while I'm not playing (cooking lunch/dinner, entertaining guests, letting friends play on my account, fell asleep once when playing, etc).

The RNG loot drops are just getting ridiculously unfair now.
    I realise I've got quite a few awesome weapons (still heaps I had but dismantled) but it's not what I need and I feel like I should have earnt my raid armour by now.

Game came out on the 09/09 and I was Level 18 after 16 hours.
    Took another day to get to Level 21.
    It's been 2 and a half months since then and I've gone up 8 levels...
    Two days to go up 21 levels and god knows how long to get to 30 :(

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

I had to cheat through iron boner to get the leg armour so my warlock could get to 30. My titan is still waiting for a chest piece.

Going to invest some time into my hunter I think.. Only at level 5, but have 2 exotic helmets, exotic gauntlets and exotic chest all waiting for it, along with legendary gauntlets and a couple of armour engrams (purple) ready to decode in the hope of NOT getting sharts/energay.

3. muppetman

muppetman Member

Doooo eeeeet. I had a full set of Titan gear (legendaries and 2 exotics) waiting for me in my vault. Lvld it up pretty quick smashing through the story, got help a few times from a higher lvl person - and got to lvl 20 in maybe 7hrs?
    Especially now that you can have 10 bounties it won't take long

4. sbm888

sbm888 Member

160 hrs here and still stuck at level 29... waiting for a raid chest piece to fall.
    bloody iron banner made everyone else 30, except for people like me who needed a chest!

5. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

I hear that :(

6. Stevros

Stevros Member

Ive got the chest but didn't realise until just before the event closed that you could get level 30 items. At the end of the day the dark below is going to get us to 30+ easily anyway so meh.

7. muppetman

muppetman Member

True dat.
    But I'm willing to put money on history repeating and all of us being stuck on 31 for months.
    (only 2 lvls and 3 missions in an expansion wtf bungie)

8. flain

flain Member

30 mins till Xur arrives in the tower. Come on Icebreaker or Gjillahorn!

Edit: It's Plan C, talk about a let down, what to do with these 120 strange coins.. buy a few telemetries i guess..

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  9. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

im glad the term is catching on

10. Mithickus

Mithickus Member

Iron banner was epic. I dominate crucible, and I loved it. I played mostly on a level 25 hunter, and I could see a huge difference between using that character and my level 30 character.

Having said that, I basically haven't played Destiny at all since iron banner ended.

There's weapons from the raid that I want, but I can't be bothered finding pugs to run it, and my usual raid crews aren't playing any more.

Waiting for the expansion to bring people back and have new things to do!

11. Tazor

Tazor Member

How will the dark below release work? Will we get it at 12am on the 9th? Or are we gonna have to wait until 8pm on the 10th or something. I get the whole day after its released off and I wanna smash all of it out while the missus is having a girls day out and really hope that it isn't released late here...

12. hzac_

hzac_ Member

13. Ic3man

Ic3man Member

lol good work :D

what happened after respawn? was he back?

14. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

I would say it will probably unlock at the weekly reset time tuesday night. I also have the following day off work.

As for the video above, nah he didnt respawn, we all stayed dead but we finished it as you can see in the video he got his rewards.

We beat him again on hard last night with only 5 people. Once you get that rhythm going and less glitches its super easy.

15. tommyphillips

tommyphillips Member

I killed 2 guys with one shotgun bullet in PvP (right before I died myself) that was pretty cool.

Annoying moment in raid when the only member of our group who has gjallahorn gets it again off of atheon (along with a mythoclast)

16. cowboyjai

cowboyjai Member

I've watched this so many times now. its so good. I love it especially bc you can see how it all plays out with the other guys getting greedy for the kill. And relic team dying inside for no real reason except freaking out probably. amazing

17. Poondizzler

Poondizzler Member

im one of those guys. Only one in my group of mates with two gjallarhorns... both times ive got it from the 1st gorgon chest.

18. hzac_

hzac_ Member

Patchy patch patch

19. muppetman

muppetman Member

omg finally exotics have been fixed!

cool idea with getting materials for completing the daily mission too.

Bugger that they patched the templar tho :(

20. Ic3man

Ic3man Member

Happy with some of the changes.. not happy as I was levelling my exotic gear for my 2nd and 3rd character.. now I have to wait till friday night to waste 28 coin on fully upgrading my warlock and titan exotic gear.

As for the raid thats going to add 10+ minutes depending on if the team is a bunch of scrubs. It would be interesting to do it properly for once.

Hopefully Atheon isn't as glitchy as it was on last Sunday, 2 hours to pass the boss on normal difficulty is just absurd. Usually takes about 3-5 runs till everyone gets into a pattern. Not 20+

anyone with bad juju to see if its worthwhile? I'm still doing the strikes 17/25 done so far.