1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Philll, Feb 18, 2013.

1. muppetman

muppetman Member

2. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Just hit 26. Does anyone do VoG anymore?

3. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

You'll wanna be 28 before doing VOG. Enemies in the last encounter are level 28.

4. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Ahhhh OK thanks for the heads up I'll keep grinding away :)

5. PsydFX

PsydFX Member

Check DestinyLFG. There will be people happy to sherpa you through at 26.

6. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Getting carried isn't fun though and feeling like you aren't contributing (at least for me) is frustrating.

One level below is 40-45% DMG reduction, two levels is around 50-55% reduction and three levels is about 60% reduction.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  7. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Unfortunately this is true.. In fact, I have this theory that the only reason they patched the templar cheese was due to dragons breath being available now (which leaves a solar grenade type 'orb' of fiery death upon impact). Would make it possible without any warlocks, which makes it even easier.

Yep, VOG is now the best way to stock up on shards/energy now, so I'll continue doing it. Happy to have you come through with us @ 26. 27 would be better though. We did it the other night with 1x30, 4x29's and a 27 and it was as easy as pie.

Add me if you like.. can't have too many destiny buddies. :D - PSN nick is Chameltoe.... Unless you're on XBOX or an older console, then you're kinda out of luck. :p

Had an interesting couple of days..

Upgraded 2x icebreaker, 1x suros regime, 1x armamantarium, 1x young ahamkaras spine and 1x achlyophage symbiote. Bummed heart of praxic fire wasn't availble for upgrade. Still have to upgrade 1x light beyond nemesis this week.
    Nearly bought ruined wings for my titan, but couldn't bring myself to be without armamantarium.

De-coded a couple of legendary engrams before and got a jackknife helmet for my hunter, which has allowed me to use young ahamkaras spine (about time) and he looks absolutely bad-ass. Wishing I didn't upgrade symbiote now. The other legendary engram was a secondary weapon, which turned into an exotic patience and time, which is pretty cool. So now two of my characters can have icebreaker and the third can have P&T. My older P&T can be a floater between two characters.
    Got exactly the same hunter gauntlets I purchased in a drop a couple of days later. Shame I bought them in the first place. Accidentally bought the wrong warlock gauntlets, so had to buy a second set. Waste of marks.

Have realised that trying to do all of the eris and vanguard bounties on all 3 chars plus dailies, weeklies, nightfalls and raids is a full time job. So I'm devising a method of covering all bases, but not on every char.

All 3 will do the nightfalls, weeklies and dailies. All 3 will raid when the chance presents itself.
    Warlock will prioritise vanguard bounties with a dip into eris should time allow. Titan will prioritise eris with a dip into vanguard. Hunter will prioritise vanguard with crucible a secondary concern.

Has felt terribly complicated the last few days and prioritising what to do has been more or less a bit of a nightmare.. I've had to pull myself up and remind myself that it's just a game. :lol:

On the bright side, all of my characters are at 30 (except my hunter with new helmet/boots, but have retained my gear that has me at 30) and all are now able to reach 31 with a metric bucket load more shards, glimmer and helium... Everything seems to require helium now, wtf?

My BIGGEST annoyance.. you can no longer SELL materials. I could have sold 400+ relic iron before the patch, but didn't. Now I may as well just scrap a couple of stacks. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  8. c.f4

c.f4 Member

Anyone keen for VOG hard?

9. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Alright guys thanks for all the help and info. Been busting my butt tryna catchup. I'm now level 27 and just about to get my 2nd purple.

I was leveling with the fwc which from what I could tell was now not the best idea but I was already on my way to level 2 and the gear so just finished it off.

From what I can tell I should now be trying to upgrade my vanguard to at least 2 as well?

I've added most of you guys my PSN is NUGGET I've been on the last few days so if anyone is keen to do anything I can do just hit me up on PSN :)

10. PsydFX

PsydFX Member

You're going to get carried the first few times anyway, so why not get in early, learn the mechanics, and potentially get some nice armour drops?

Eveyone puts so much emphasis on character and weapon levels, but realistically, as long as you're a solid player and good communicator, it really doesn't make too much difference in the normal raids.

11. Infest

Infest Member

Anyone interested in doing VoG/Crota/Nightfall or something this afternoon? Don't have many PS4 Destiny buddies so can't ever get a chance to raid or do these events. Thanks!

12. Mithickus

Mithickus Member

Patching exploits is not the same thing as not letting us play the way we want to.

These encounters are not that hard after you have tried them a few times with a group of competent players.

If you want to play solo, then the raid is not for you.

13. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Mucking around with a couple friends, I tried a stealth lantern run in Crota raid.

14. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Happy to do VoG. Still level 27 but gonna try hit 28 today :)

Edit: Got a legendary helm and hit 28.

Getting there...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  15. Infest

Infest Member

Just got a random message from someone with a username very similar to mine... And he's saying he lives in the same city as me. Is this some kind of scam?

16. iNoob

iNoob Member

No, it's your destiny.

17. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Woo :) Still not sure when I can VOG next. Might try to do a quick run through tomorrow night about 9pm QLD time.

Does anyone in the range of 29-31 still need to do the nightfall? My 30 hunter needs to do it. Have a 300 dmg patience and time with invis that means I can take down her shield and a little health with one shot and subsequent shots are just gravy. I tend to need to be revived when I do this, but my daughter, a mate and I got through it pretty easily earlier with my titan. Now it's my hunters turn.

Also, 3x 30's now. :D Titan leading the race to 31 with only 3 more light needed.

18. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Righteo.. VOG tomorrow night about 830pm QLD time.

Roster, besides yourself.

30 Hunter (Chameltoe)
    30 Hunter (xBiscuitAssassin)
    30 Hunter (OwlDudeAus)
    30 ?????? (DoctorStinky)
    27 Titan (Jhunt11)

19. nugget28

nugget28 Member

How long does it take roughly?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  20. c.f4

c.f4 Member