1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 2 LOD ladder reset tonight

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Cannula, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Cannula

Cannula Member

As the ladder will be reset in a few hours, all ladder characters will be transferred over to non-ladder.
    I am just wondering, is anyone is keen to get back into Diablo leading up to the hopeful release of Diablo 3 near the end of this year?

More info here:
    http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/

2. ZXR

ZXR Member

I just found my D2 and LOD disks yesterday while sorting through boxes of old computer crap that I've been carting from house to house with me for the last 10 years.

I'd definitely be keen to fire it up for old times sake and to prepare myself the the glory that will be Diablo III.

I probably won't be able to for a week or so though as I'm still waiting on my internet to be hooked up at the new house. :upset:

-ZXR

3. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Member

Although I am a MASSIVE D2 fan, the graphics are really starting to look dated, gameplay aside.

I'm playing Titan Quest: Immortal Throne instead, basically just as good as D2 IMO, with better class system and 100 x better graphics. Give it a go if you haven't already.

Oh, and you'll be waiting a wait till D3.

4. Randy_Chuggs

Randy_Chuggs (Banned or Deleted)

I'd like to, but I already play a lot of games..

I don't know, I'll visit this thread again soon.

Edit: If a few of us do end up playing, I call Druid :p

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  5. OP
    OP
    Cannula

Cannula Member

I've been playing TQ:IT quite a bit but have stopped recently. There just isn't the replayability of D2, I don't know if it's the random area generation but you get to know every area of TQ and that just makes it too obvious and boring.
    Besides D2 was built for Glide 3D acceleration so it gives me a chance to play on my retro pcs.
    My Pentium 266MHz puts alot of PCs to shame playing D2 with 3D thanks to it's 3dfx Banshee card enabling glide acceleration, LOL.

6. AdoringFan

AdoringFan Member

the community isn't quite what it used to be imho... A lot of people still play, but its full of spam-bots, the trade channels are dead, the forums are full of 12 year olds (jsp, dii.net, etc) and there seems to be almost no competitive pvping happening... Those were the reasons I played in the first place. Its kinda pointless nowadays anyway, everybody just buys gear off of the internetz :confused:

7. Randy_Chuggs

So, did anyone want to start playing again?

8. awaken

awaken Member

I havnt played in about a week, wasnt going to start again this ladder because my mrs stopped playing an i get bored easily on my own but if anyone is keen to play... /f add cloudnine_mfer ill prob be on from time to time

9. Randy_Chuggs

Well, was anyone interested in playing? I just downloaded the client and I realised I don't want to play single player :tongue:

10. TrennaHowar

TrennaHowar Member

You speak the truth mate. It will be glorious moment when D3 comes out :D

mmm i'll see if i can find my D2 disks. Diablo ftw

11. Randy_Chuggs

Well if anyone starts playing online, send me a PM or something. Maybe we should make a Steam group for this actually..

12. Randy_Chuggs

Just started playing on US East playing as a Pally if anyone else is going to play online

13. dakcrack

dakcrack Member

Can I borrow someones keys? Interested in starting up a necromancer and lost the cases. If not guess ill play through single player again.

14. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Member

im more than willing to get back into it... i can only hold off so much urge to play diablo 3 for so long... this will keep me interested for a while. biggest problem is i havent played for ohhhhhhhhhh id say about 3-4 years ahha. anyone up for rushing and giving me free mf gear?? lol

do your accounts delete over time? i cant remember