Diablo 3: Offical Trading Thread

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Slipperystuff, May 21, 2012.

1. Henry

Henry Member

I don't know how well it would sell though. The only real thing it has going for it is that it's a legendary.

The extra DPS isn't really needed pre-hell (so the reduced level requirement isn't a huge boon) and the stats don't really benefit any class that would want to use it. It'd probably sell at the same price as whatever is going on the auction house (assuming they're actually selling at that price, not just listed).

I had a 1-handed 500dps barbarian sword that was level 60 down to 50 in requirements and it wouldn't sell at over 30k :/

Edit: As Bertross says, good for people that want to farm Nightmare

2. kangathekat

kangathekat (Banned or Deleted)

yeah i had one with like almost double that dps (400 something)

it sat on the AH for a few days before i scrapped it

3. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

i would never buy such a thing!

i tell ya i don't get how so many legendaries in this game are essentially worthless.

take the monk fist set for example. Rares are so so so so so much better.

4. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Blizzard are aware of this and will be buffing them in patch 1.3. However those that have already dropped will not be retroactively buffed. Only the ones dropped after the patch will be.

5. Henry

Henry Member

Another reason that it doesn't bother me my barb isn't farming inferno for legendaries yet :p

Would be nice if they released a date for the patch or how they're going to change the items though. The only really useful items are some of the high level set items with high resistances and good rolls. The set bonuses are reasonably poor though. I miss getting all of a set and then getting some hectic aura or turning into a vampire :p

6. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I'm farming for yellow items. Legendary just dropped because i'm a legendary magnet. :lol:

7. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

it's the magic find that makes it worth money

8. psychobunny

psychobunny Member

if you have a price in mind i can advise the gf, although i believe she would want more dex on it

9. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

That's right, but patch 1.0.3! :p

incoming extreme price inflation yay

10. Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister Member

Orly?!?!?!?

Do a search in the AH for lvl 46 1-handed weapons and sort by DPS. Highest is like what...150DPS? And the magic find is pretty awesome. Easily worth 800K. There are some decent rares but not with the same stats for lvl 46.

11. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

Is anyone else worried that this items 'buff' will make Inferno a cakewalk...?

Blizzard have a tendency to make this very difficult (See: WoW first few weeks of new raids) but then quickly nerf it down to the 'extra special' players an finish it too, essentially removing all the difficulty.

In this case I can see them instead of making Inferno easier, making the items much better, and in turn making Inferno easier...

I hope it's not the case and that these items are just buffed to make them better than their rare counterparts, but not like a bajilion to all attributes. Especially given they are all over the AH, meaning they aren't 'that' rare...

12. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

Why would anyone pay 800k for a non end game item. They just have to ding 5 more levels and they're at the next tier of gear.....

13. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

Agreed! It's rubbish!

14. Bertross

Bertross Member

remeber guys this has magic find, no other wepaons i can see on AH right now as a legendary have this, i cant even fine tune the search as it is not available.

15. jowjeh

jowjeh Member

it will not benefit anyone in inferno though it's so bad! regardless of the 25% magic find.

16. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

It may be worth a bit of money, but certainly wouldn't pay 800k for a twink weapon. Essentially you can spend 5k every lvl for the next 15 lvls to get upgrades that will still allow you to blast through the game to 60. And once you reach 60, or close to 60, this weapon becomes relatively useless. Only thing left going for it is MF.

17. lothloriel

lothloriel Member

If anyone hasn't realised, people don't buy legendary for stats. Or at least, the vast majority of legendaries are not bought for stats.

18. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

the magic find is for people doing great span runs/chest runs an the like where you don't need to kill anything but need max mf.

19. Bertross

Bertross Member

guys this is the only MF weapon ive ever seen, you cant get them otherwise.

20. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

once you get the gear now inferno isn't hard, they are buffing legionaries cause they need it currently only a few of them have any use past hell difficulty.

I believe it is also only legendary weapons that are being buffed.