Diablo 4 Official Announce release TBC

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Madengineer, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I've legit been waiting for this announcement for years! D3 was amazing, and it took a lot of my gaming time.

Confirmed at Blizzcon, Diablo 4 is coming. But we don't know when.

For the full reveal at blizzcon:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Jim-podiatrist and Bertross like this.
  2. omen_child

omen_child Member

Just read that the announced that one of the platforms it'll be released on will be PS4.

I wonder if they misspoke or if we're really going to see it hit the streets before the new Sony console gets released.

3. darknebula

darknebula Member

Personally I hope they’ve learnt their lessons, terrible loot and itemisation and terrible end game really ruined D3 for me

4. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I was let down by the final act in D3. I felt it didn't have as big an impact as it should have.

But this cinematic, so dark. So violent. Brilliant!

spank36 likes this.
  5. shredder

shredder Member

Looks freaking awesome.

I spent a long time playing D2. It's the last game I loved.

Was thinking about playing D3 soon, for the first time. In case you can't tell, I don't game much.

spootmonkey and Madengineer like this.
  6. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Imagine if they launch with the rmah again. Hahaha

7. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I just can't get over the cinematic. Like, Blizzard have released some AMAZING cinematics in the past, but this one... Absolutely, amazingly beautiful!

Drizz06 and darknebula like this.
  8. Copie

Copie Member

You can bet that they will, either that or micro transactions

9. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

Looked like a liveaction green screen to me?

Either way they need to make loot awesome that killed D3 fo rme.

10. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

11. PureFire

PureFire Member

From what Ive seen in demo gameplay:

Engine: Looks to be the same as D3 with some enhancements
    Combat: Same as D3 with new animations for new skills
    Classes: Apparently there will be 5 classes. 3 of which are in the demo - Barbarian, Sorceress, Druid
    Map: I am assuming Acts are combined into one giant map. Mounts arent in the demo only in the trailers
    Skills: 6 groupings with multiple to choose from. Same as D3 with 2 mouse buttons and 4 keyboard skills
    Talents: Are skill tree based replacing passives. Not sure if there are a limited number of points you can allocate to each talent on the tree. I am assuming so
    Items: Attack and defense replaces Mainstat
    Runes: A return from D2, runes can be socketed into gear

Also a new addition to the game is a world boss fight where up to 100 players can participate at the same time

Jim-podiatrist likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

IMO they need a transmog system like WoW. I didn't care about character progression (paragon points and stuff). I cared about the story. Rifts and shit were meh.

13. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Lootboxes! We need lootboxes! :D

macktheknife likes this.
  14. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

The auction house was the best thing in Diablo 3... they just didn't manage the economy well.

I think it's stupid how all end game gear is the same... every body is farming the same items... it was better before where everything is random.

Itemization is crap... just farming the same stats.

They need to tone down the special effects... too much going on in the screen.

15. Azzan

Azzan Member

Geez, about freaking time Activision Blizzard..
    Everyone knew Blizzard would make Diablo 4 since they made billions from Diablo 3(most sold game of all time), but we still don't have ETA.. :thumbdn:

Not gonna lie, I had great fun playing Diablo 3(for ~3-4 years) and I'll play Diablo 4 even tho I hate Activision Blizzard. (it'll most likely be a fun game since they have unlimited budget)

Thanks to Diablo 3 I realized that Activision Blizzard is the most corrupted corporation in the world(at least in my opinion).
    Blizzard blatantly fxxked everyone over and over again from the very start(2012) til now(2019) at least.. and I'm sure they'll keep that up in Diablo 3 and also apply same shifty tactics in Diablo 4. :(
    Here are some examples for those that aren't aware..
    1. Blizzard (intentionally)made whole bunch of faulty legendary items(i.e. totally useless) at the start of Diablo 3.
    - i.e.. whole bunch of different legendary items with attack speed increase, but they were bugged and did not increase the attack speed at all. :rolleyes:
    - millions of people purchased these useless items from AH/RMAH with gold and real money, and obviously had to spend more gold/money afterwards.
    - it should have been a very easy fix(if it was an accident lol) but Blizzard never fixed these items.
    2. AH(Auction House) did not have a thousand separator comma, so it was very easy to make mistakes since most items were worth over 10-100 million gold.
    - often people would accidentally priced the items at 1/10th of it's value simply by missing out one zero. i.e. 250000000 but 25000000 by accident.
    - this was great for Blizzard because players were forced to purchase more gold from RMAH(Real Money Auction House) with cash after making a mistake.
    - everyone asked Blizzard to simply add "," on AH, but Blizzard said it couldn't be done due to programming issue(or some bs like that) then another ~2 years later they finally added "," on AH(a week before they closed it). :rolleyes:
    - i'm sure Blizzard made billions just from AH/RMAH alone because all players were also forced to upgrade/purchased whole new set of legendary items after each patch.
    3. Encourage scamming and botting for profit. :mad:
    - Diablo 3 is full of scammers and botters, but people weren't allowed to report scammers(i.e. mention the name of scammer) on forums etc even if when you had solid evidence(e.g. recorded the whole scam using fraps).
    - people getting scammed were also great business for Blizzard, since they are likely to end up purchasing more gold from RMAH with cash.
    - botters were also great contribution to Diablo 3's success, because Blizzard was able to sell millions of extra Diablo 3 to same people by doing massive bot ban wave every few months or so.
    - so Blizzard encouraged people to bot by allowing people to bot for a whole season, then eventually banning them at the end of the season so people can buy new Diablo 3 accounts.
    - all top Diablo 3 clans were full of botters, obviously botters(play 24/7 non-stop, all the time) have tremendous advantage over legit players(way higher paragon level/attribute stats and perfect items).
    - it's hard not to bot when everyone else in your clan is using bot, or if you want to compete on leaderboards since botters dominated the leaderboards every freaking season.
    - legit players would complain about obvious botters(usually on top of the leaderboards with 24/7 play time) on forums every season, but Blizzard wouldn't ban them straight away cos then botters won't purchase Diablo 3 again.
    - obviously Blizzard(with their unlimited resource) could easily prevent people from using bot, simply by banning botters asap and enforcing harsh penalty(can't buy another account under same name, same credit card, same computer etc) like they do on Overwatch. but Blizzard make millions from botters so they won't do that of course.. :lol:

darknebula likes this.
  16. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Yes. I am also of the strong opinion we should have microtransactions to allow us to pay for maximum character level. Why should I have to waste countless hours of game time when all I care about is endgame. :p

Pinkeh likes this.
  17. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Talk is late 2020 release in time for PS5 and new XBox console at the same time.

18. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Oh that would be cool. They said coming to PS4 and XB1 so thought might be sooner. What im hoping for, if they are gonna go for this open world MMO type approach, we get crossplay

I'll still more than likely get on PC first anyway, but I have friends who would play it on console first

19. havabeer

havabeer Member

I'm just glad they changed the color pallet

Bertross likes this.
  20. german

german Member

Looks like Duriel is returning as well.

Looks like a progression from D2, which is where D3 failed. The WOW visuals was a stupid choice to go for.
    I think the in game visuals need some tweaking, not everything look smooth or even sharp enough.

Looking forward to its release.