Diablo 4 Official Announce release TBC

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Madengineer, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Bertross

Bertross Member

The new dev was a star craft 2 worker. We switched to diablo 2 years ago to work on this. See how it plays out.

Skip to around 47 mins for the dev chat

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  2. omen_child

omen_child Member

This is a sign of the times, I know the bean counters definitely run my industry now.

3. r3s

r3s Member

I competed at the highest level and never botted Azzan and i made top10 on numerous classes and often multiple classes in a single season on hardcore.
    This required a lot of time and effort whilst working fulltime , many who compete hard don't have jobs etc and can play all day and accumulate more gear then others and obviously gain more advantage through the PG system, this is a game design flaw overall, it doesnt mean that all top end players cheat.
    Probably less likely for people to cheat on hardcore i guess, i know it still happened but didnt seem like much of an issue, the quickest way to level was efficient and stupidly high group GR speeds which couldnt be done via bots.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. Azzan

Azzan Member

Never said "all" top D3 players cheated.. I simply stated the fact: cheaters dominated the leaderboards every season, and all top D3 clans were full of cheaters.. all thanks to Blizzard ofc.
    I'd say ~80-90% of top100 players in leaderboards used bots and/or TurboHUD(at least in softcore), but pro players like Quin69 also got #1 spot several times without using bot/hud. Even I was in top3 in both single(monk)/4ppl leaderboards in S16 for a while(without bot/hud), then dropped down to ~12-14 cos I stopped playing month or two before the season ended.
    Clans like <Sc>(Super Casua1) were well known for using bots to dominate the leaderboards, 90+% <Sc> members just bought new accounts after each season. But botting's been happening since the very start of D3.. :(

Most people I know in top clans also have alt accounts for running bounty bots, so they can get free bounty mats(to reforge & get primal ancient) after each greater rift runs.

Also you shouldn't claim "I competed at the highest level" when your highest GR clear is only GR121.. it's so much easier get on hardcore leaderboards simply cos there are far less competition and most skilled players don't even bother with hardcore mode. You made top10 with only ~lvl110 gems and ~lvl100 augments(but top400 in softcore have ~lvl130 gems and ~lvl115 augments) and you would have done GR150 in S16 onwards IF you played at the highest level.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  5. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Oh bots, mods, overlays, etc. are used so widely by people it's pretty much common place and pretty much everyone at the top of the ladder use maps overlays.

6. havabeer

havabeer Member

do you actually get anything for getting in the top of the leader board? like a gift voucher or something or is it just the prestige.

i mean whats the point of cheating your way to the top if there is literally no benefit at the end? it must be god to not be blessed with a conscious and just be able to do what ever you want

7. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

A lot of them are streamers so if you're at the top of the ladder, people will pay more attention to you. If you're constantly there, you may possibly get attention from Blizzard who might contact you for other opportunity I'm guessing. Streamers usually cover their tracks so their cheats are not showing. But there have been many examples of them stuffing up and show live on stream how they're cheating and subsequently have their game account banned. A lot of players use overlays and I'd admit it would make things easier for a lot of reasons. Like when I was using 3 monitors with eyefinity, my field of vision is so wide i can see far beyond what a normal player would be able to see. I can see mobs incoming etc or dead end. It's not as good as a map overlay but it would give an advantage over regular players on a single screen, if we're competing. Other than that I've never used any cheat. No mods no overlay. I don't play competitively enough to really bother me.

8. r3s

r3s Member

Huh, top 10 on the Americas server IN THE SAME GAME MODE AS OTHERS COMPETING is still the highest level in that season against people playing the same mode with the same available gear...... i woulda thought competing with less PG and lower level gear/gems would mean more skill when if you die u lose everything.....hmm maybe i think differently.
    Then comparing to softcore players and their gear with no consequence of dieing and having to regrind gear and pushing for the perfect rift is damn near idiotic.
    Reminds me of a player i was competing against telling me my gear/loadout was dumb and i would never push higher , he died and rage quit, i beat his best and then pushed 2 GR levels higher with inferior gear and PG and got Rank2 on crusader.........

Comparing that season i would have been Rank24th with the same GR clear in softcore , hardly a huge step from the people with no fear of dieing and "with heaps more competition and mroe skilled players"

Saying most skilled players don't bother with hardcore is an oxymoron, how is someone skilled for no fear pushing high GR....lol

1 of the most fun seasons was with the Wizard Firebirds bug, everybody could almost compete on a level playing field as the gear requirement was pretty much 0, that was a welcome change, probably died the most i ever have in a season but was really fun.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    shredder likes this.
  9. Azzan

Azzan Member

Dude your highest GR clear is only GR121.. you should have GR140-145+ clears if you played at the highest level. Trust me there's huge different between GR120 and GR140+..
    You really need to play 4 people GR regularly(even if you are going for solo leaderboards) for two reasons.
    1. so you can level up your main gems to 140-150, and your augment gems to 130+. (without these you won't be able to get in top10 solo leaderboards, at least in softcore S16 onwards)
    2. it's the fastest way to level up and increase you paragon points which is a must for both solo/group leaderboards.
    In softcore I seriously doubt you could have got in top300 solo leaderboards without any high group runs.

Imo, to compete at highest level(in S16 onwards)
    Softcore = done ~GR140-145+ in group, in top ~100-150 group leaderboards, bonus: in top ~20-30 solo leaderboards
    Hardcore = done ~GR135-140+ in group, in top ~20 group leaderboards, bonus: in top ~3-5 solo leaderboards

10. r3s

r3s Member

What the hell are you talking about? I havent played for ages, i did some quick play in the last season, that wasnt competing, that was casual play........I am talkngi about seasons wher ei competed and they are to be compared with others IN THAT SEASON AT THAT TIME WITH THE SAME GEAR, jesus christ why would i compare being Rank2 in a season to now with different PG, gear, primals etc....

Even in that season where i got Rank2 i didnt have a group to consistently do high level runs to get gems/augments up to the highest level, i played what i had available and did well against others who had those advantages, but then you say that isn't skill, not sure what your trying to say at this stage TBH

jpw007 and darknebula like this.
  11. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Lol I remember that bug! Yes it was a great bug. For once everyone was just having fun instead of having to babysit some other lower geared players. I mean I don't mind gearing process but a number of my friends are just casual players and finding the right gear can take a while etc and they simply don't have the time. Before I get them up to gear, they're already bored and left. It was a lot of fun where I could just get them the minimal gear and have them blasting away quickly.

12. Azzan

Azzan Member

I'm sure there are many different reasons since there are million of cheaters in D3..
    D3's always been a hardcore grinding game, but at the start(first ~2 years) it was pay to win. i.e. if you bought 2 billion gold(or $250) items from AH/RMAH on every slot then you could have a toon with top10-30 DPS. You can farm much easier/faster with high DPS and also much easier to find team for group runs(e.g. Crypt runs).

But Blizzard closed AH/RMAH with RoS, probably so they can sell more D3 copies or didn't wanna get busted for all the corrupted shit they've done(probably both) so most people don't have any choice but to cheat if they want to play competitively.
    - how many people can to play 6-8+ hours every day?
    - for others it could be due to peer pressure from friends and clan members
    - but for those who's been banned multiple times for cheating(for using bot oc), I think it's fun for them to cheat so they can play with massive advantage and dominate the leaderboards. obviously they don't mind spending extra ~US$60 every few months to buy new account, and they also don't care if they get wiped from the leaderboards at the end of the season etc.
    - many others properly just cheat cos everyone's doing it and it's the only way to play competitively at high level. it's impossible to get team for top300 groups runs unless you actually play the game 6-8+ hours every day.

Cheating(using Bot or TurboHUD etc) is clearly against Blizzard's EULA, and everyone get perma ban for cheating(eventually) but people still cheat simply cos Blizzard's let(and encourge) people to cheat.. so they can sell more D3 copies. :(

13. PureFire

PureFire Member

Well, D4 will not have leaderboards and also not have GR's. End game is apparently going to be something similar to POE with dungeons you can craft, at least one aspect of endgame that we know of.

14. whitox

whitox Member

Apparently the final 2 classes will be Paladin and Amazon - unconfirmed by Blizz though

Raptor_Eye likes this.
  15. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Must've put a couple thousand hours into Diablo 2..... Played Diablo 3 and uninstalled it after like 20 hours. Hope this isn't the same crap. They need to take some pages out of the POE book

16. Azzan

Azzan Member

Well, D3 also didn't have leaderboards and GR at the start(first ~2 years) probably cos Actvision Blizzard was satisfied with making millions by ripping people off using AH/RMAH.

17. Perko

Perko Member

Makes me wonder where they're going story-wise with it. Weren't all the paladins corrupted? And if it's the Nehalem going feral and cutting people up, what are Lilith and Inarius going to do? Get vaporised? One of the issues with the D3 story was that it backed them into a corner by making humans insane Rambos.

I'm guessing the dude bringing Lilith back is Rathma.

18. havabeer

havabeer Member

Yeah I think POE is what d3 SHOULD have been game play wise. Just needed a better setting and story

19. shredder

shredder Member

For me, story schmory.

Just give me something that looks and sounds killer (in the style), and which lets me feverishly sacrifice my mouse in a matchlessly enjoyable manner, and that'll do.

Social gaming is largely shit too. No f'ing way do I want to put up with other people's bullshit while I'm trying to relax and smash some AI. Make the single player campaign awesome.

Jim-podiatrist likes this.
  20. Azzan

Azzan Member

Jim-podiatrist likes this.