Diablo 4 Official Announce release TBC

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Madengineer, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Ripping people off? No one was forced to use the rmah , game wasn't even that hard back than it just required people actually play the game.

Game is a lot easier now and a bit less fun tbh.

2. r3s

r3s Member

I enjoyed making an easy farm ww barbarian and farming gear to sell to make a profit, or swap for gear for my WD, wasn't hard to farm gear, like any timesink game obviously those who can nolife it 24/7 will get more gear/progress.

3. PureFire

PureFire Member

Im also of the same opinion. I actually enjoyed early versions of the game with the AH/RMAH. I could farm as much as I wanted to sell what I picked up and if I didnt find upgrades I just purchased them with gold or cash I gained from selling gear. It took out all the BS of trading person to person and spamming chat to find a buyer.

POE has the right idea with crafting progression, gear and itemization, but it suffers from too much clutter ingame and constantly asking yourself "what just killed me" when you go from full health to dead in an instant.

All they need to do with D4 is take the core game of D2 and give it modern graphics, animations, with end game that is not static and it will be a massive hit.

darknebula likes this.
  4. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

I was also a big fan of the rmah... the issue with the rmah was..

1. Hacking...bliz didn't do a good job with bugs and people could dupe items and gold.

2. Items were not boe and thus the more items generated it flooded the market with too many items... there needed to be a way to make items no longer useable if not equipped after a certain amount of time.

I didn't really have a problem with how hard the game was at first.. that was the challenge even though you are forced to use the ah.

the ah was the end game. Ie items were the end game.

Now legendary items drop more common than blues lol

5. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

Looks like D3 with darker graphics.
    I cannot wait for this. It'll be the first game I buy for my step son on his first computer next year, and cannot wait to play it with him :)

spank36 likes this.
  6. r3s

r3s Member

I remember when i got the plans to make the sovereign vambraces and could craft and sell awesome stat trifectas etc and then got a 2nd plan and sold it :D

7. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

I had a pair of green braces drop for the barb in 'vanilla' auction house d3. I sold them for $200, paid for the game and paid for a new mouse

8. r3s

r3s Member

Yup, many items i sold were good, but i knew i could get similar with slightly less stats for half the price etc so i flipped stuff like that :)

That legendary helm plan which i cant remember the name of was worth heaps as you could effectively print money crafting stuff

Bertross and Jim-podiatrist like this.
  9. Bertross

Bertross Member

Mempo of twilight:)

I was flipping gems at one point

10. PureFire

PureFire Member

Another change to D4 is the removal of the need to identify items. Im sort of happy yet sad at the same time with this change. Back in early D3 you had to ID rare and legendary items individually which was a real pain and then they moved to mass identifying only legendary and higher items, which was a great change, however I feel there is something about having an item drop and then identifying it that adds excitement to finding what should be a super rare and awesome legendary. I think they should make Mythic items, the top tier item in D4 that has 4 legendary effects on it, an unidentified item and you need to take it to an artisan to reveal the affixes.

11. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

I was a dh in d3... first ever legend I got was a barb 1h axe.

When mythic came out ... first ever item was a barb ring .... that's the classic Diablo experience.

I preferred it when yellows and blues could roll much higher than legends... you needed to pick up everything and actually check it

12. havabeer

havabeer Member

this... but i want this:

honestly i'd love to see them just dabble in it. make a $5 game thats maybe 1 campaign long just to dip their toes in a reskin of D2 to see how it fairs or what they can do with it. after watching the 24 min video (skipping chunks of it anyway) it does very much seem like this.

[​IMG]

the problem is i'm smithers

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  13. r3s

r3s Member

Just checked, it was The Helm of Command which gave extra block % that you could craft :)

Jim-podiatrist and Bertross like this.
  14. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

No GRs and an endgame similar to PoE. Still dont see this as a bad thing at all haha. As long as character building/progression is a LITTLE more forgiving than PoE please :)

Plus even if GRs arent there to begin with, after enough of the community asks for something similar back they will return. They would be a great way to 'break up' end game play as opposed to being the sole end game play imo

15. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

The Barb Gameplay video looks good, looking forward to this

Jim-podiatrist likes this.
  16. spank36

spank36 Member

This announcement just made me realise I need to play Diablo 3 more. Man that game came a long way from its early days (and I enjoyed it then).

Jim-podiatrist and Madengineer like this.
  17. PureFire

PureFire Member

Jim-podiatrist likes this.
  18. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Like that info - looks like they are really thinking about the player experience

spank36 likes this.
  19. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

20. Azzan

Azzan Member

Best monitor for Diablo 4 = new 49" Samsung Odyssey G9 QLED (SUW DQHD 32:9 5120x1440, 240Hz, 1ms, HDR1000, G-sync/Freesync, 125% sRGB & 1000R)

ol-skool likes this.