1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo Immortal

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by TheWatcher, May 31, 2022.

1. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

What happens if I do, does my phone transform into a Galaxy S7 and explode?

2. MrBS

MrBS Member

MrsBS and I have been going through campaign coop, currently level 42. The points in the story where it forces you to go through solo... why? Such an odd decision.

l_ QuadX_l likes this.
  3. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

I'm enjoying this quite a bit. Playing on my iPhone 12 mini is weirdly easy and enjoyable. Being able to then have it save and flick over to my PC is also an added bonus. Only level 13 so far, but for that it is (free diablo game), I'm enjoying my time.

Jim-podiatrist likes this.
  4. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

Really enjoying this game so far.
    I've spent about $40 so far on the pay to win side. It may be funny to keep track of total spend....

Level 53 currently and still really enjoying the game, the story and the ability to play on mobile is great (S21 ultra).
    Quite a clever market segment blizzard have moved into with this.... it's almost what they intended with the D3 vanilla marketplace.

5. flain

flain Member

$110,000 USD to fully max out your character, apparently can't be grinded because legendary gems are pay only. Let us know how far you get :).

I'm sure there will be some whales that do it which is kind of crazy..

Jim-podiatrist and Ck21 like this.
  6. Draebor

Draebor Member

42 Demonhunter here, enjoying being able to jump on my phone at work using an 8bitdo bluetooth controller, smash a dungeon or two over lunch, then do bounties for shits and giggles when i get on my pc at home.

not really keen to spend anything on it though, think ill keep my cash firmly in my bank account for this one.

7. Azzan

Azzan Member

great game.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  8. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

[​IMG]
    Not true at all about having to pay for Legendary gems, I have 6 legendary gems as you can see here (most are Rank 1) and this is the only Rank 2 (of 5 i think) Legendary gem I have, called Lightning Core. I haven't spent a single cent on this game!

9. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

[​IMG]
    My altered "loading game" splash screen for Diablo immortal.. ( default install directory should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo Immortal\LocalData\Splash.bmp )

10. flain

flain Member

How much money to max out the legendary gems you have? Are the articles wrong that state that its impossible to grind them out and is only possible with in app purchases that would total $110K to max out? (we can all google diablo immortal 110k).

11. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

Oh sorry, I thought you were saying that to get Legendary gems in the first place you have to pay, not just to max them out. Yeah that would be wrong if it requires money just to max them out, I'll have to read into some articles about that. The game is still in beta, so who knows there may be glitches that involve duplicating items or repeating missions/tasks that could make it possible, maybe not easy but do able?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  12. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

Not sure, it'd be an absolute headache to work out how many in game items to buy which would fully upgrade all my Legendary gems, and then work out how much I'd need to spend to buy those items. I really don't want a headache, i already get migraines :Paranoid:

13. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

It's crazy isn't it.
    Having said that, paying about the amount of what the game would have actually cost sets one a very long way down the path of getting pretty decently levelled in alot of the content...

14. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Its interesting that everyone is so angry about Diablo Immortal but is a lot more accepting of other pay to win games on PC.

Blizzard's last good game was in 2004, World of Warcraft which in my opinion is what turned them into the greedy company that are today.

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

16. Alby1976

Alby1976 Member

Best mobile game yet.
    Don't often get to spend time playing any more due to wife n kids.
    Played the closed beta, this is slightly more polished.
    Being able to jump on for 10mins to maybe 30mins is great for me.
    Played Diablo since the original, played D3 as soon as the servers opened, and was let down.
    Still, I'm liking this.

17. MrBS

MrBS Member

Up to 54 now. MrsBS and I are still having fun. The monetisation is a joke but hopefully there is some push back to improve it.

18. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

Diablo Immoral, this meme was created 3 years ago, before game release but still relevant! I find it funny, and those hating on Diablo Immortal will probably find it even more amusing! :lol:

Azzan likes this.
  19. Jim-podiatrist

Jim-podiatrist Member

What are peoples thoughts on the battlegrounds?

20. demiurge3141

demiurge3141 Member

Lol this is a dumpster fire .