Did Crytek break Nvidias RTX heart?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Nian, Mar 16, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Nian

Nian Member

Would love to get a copy of the demo they made.

nope likes this.
  2. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

If you look closely its doing a lot less than the RTX stuff we've seen so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c...cases_realtime_ray_traced_reflections/eimo9ms

Sure its impressive, and I guess if people don't notice its not as 'real' as RTX stuff then job done, but worth bearing in mind. Also all the comments re: its not a real game, what happens when all the actual assets, AI, gameplay etc. has to be processed etc.

Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see Nvidia get its ass handed to them if only for the sake of competition and keeping prices low but lets not overhype things

3. OP
    OP
    Nian

Nian Member

Guess work, sour grapes, or maybe they are right.

Figure we will see more of it in the near future. For now, to me it looked amazing.

4. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Um did you read the comment and go to the bits he pointed out. It's the opposite of guess work

5. nope

nope Member

nah seems like sour grapes.

6. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Its the opposite of sour grapes

7. dzajroo

dzajroo Member

well with unity, unreal, cryengine now supporting ray-tracing, I would say, the next generation of GPUs will all have some sort of ray-tracing cores going forward, and these will be more and more dominant in each generation. RTX will be just marketing term used by nvidia, will see if AMD/Intel will come up with their own marketing name or simply keep it as "ray-tracing support"

8. nope

nope Member

^^^^^^ THIS
    64 in the Turing seems way too little tho
    128-256 on a 7nm die shrink will be the way to go, as for AMD maybe they can finally use that leftover compute?