Dirt Rally 2.0

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ChinoPD, Dec 14, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Just set a new profile in Logitech profiler for my wheel and set some initial settings in-game. So far it runs very well on Ultra @ 1440P with my rig. FFB is not there yet, might hold out on further career mode until it is refined. I believe this is a known issue and developers have acknowledged and are working on it. So far so good though!

2. damo2002

damo2002 Member

They've certainly improved a lot with the game since the original Dirt Rally, but it's not without it's problems - the lack of decent FFB has been killing me. Taking time off playing it until they sort that out.

The damage model still seems a bit funky too. Sometimes you interact with the stage in a totally believable way, other times you're left wondering how the hell..

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Had a go at a mates and game seems fine to me, so i grabbed it as part of Xbox PC gamepass. I do want a better hand brake solution for G920 though. Mate was using the paddle shift up for his.

looking at about $160 for a usb hand brake, thinking maybe a budget option first to see if I use it enough..

thoughts on something like this haha, just need to ensure I can stick it to desk well enough

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XMAS-Re...907534&hash=item262e462df0:g:2bcAAOSwOyJX9eza

4. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

Fanatec Clubsport is the sort of thing to look at. Approx $200.

5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Dont wanna spend that much incase it becomes a dust gatherer

6. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

My entire racing sim has been a ... hmmm 5-6 year work in progress and still isn't finished. But they are a hell of a lot of fun.

walker_2003 likes this.
  7. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

i can't justify a dedicated handbrake yet. I just map it to a wheel button.

I've seen ghetto handbrakes done with a lever onto a gamepad stick

8. Major Neb

Major Neb Member

Just picked this up for $23AUD on steam sale. Only just got into the original as a freebie recently so looking forward to this.

9. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Yep is on sale $22 aud atm.
    I refunded at 2 hours because multiplayer is not multiplayer and you can't actually race your mates. I don't solo game.

It looks and runs very well in VR and I did enjoy one track, if you solo play, the games well worth the sale price.

10. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

refund it & keep playing the first one. 2 is prettier, but physics are better in 1

ChinoPD likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I haven't heart them fixing the physics yet on 2.0. Admittedly, it's been a while since I tested, and it felt like crap. So to me anyway, #1 is still the king.

12. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

I played it when it was added to XGP on PC not too long ago. Lasted about 5 mins & installed #1 again. Had a good time.

13. OP
    OP
    ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member