1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

DiRT Rally

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by damo13579, Apr 28, 2015.

1. roamin

roamin Member

i love how he tells you that you have a puncture, then you have lost your left rear. all of a sudden you are skating all over the place. will take some time getting used to the high speed runs! theres a lot of fast drivers watching the youtube videos going around!

2. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

For me it was like:
    CD: You have a puncture.
    Me: Meh big deal.
    *flogs it around a corner, hears a noise and wheel flies off into scenery*
    Me: Damn...he was totally right!

I love how there's very little room for error in the game. One minor slip up at high speed and you are in the trees.

For me, it's the best / most chellenging rally based game since Richard Burns Rally.

3. DarKAu

DarKAu Member

I love how you can really feel the car on the gravel..well with a vibration xbox controller lol.

Any other racing games have a similar feel that aren't super technical that aren't set 100% on gravel tracks?

4. Unframed

Unframed Member

I have lost sooooo many wheels. Finished a race with 1 (or 2?) once.

5. roamin

roamin Member

lol good to see its not just me

6. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

bought this when a while ago but only now just got to play it and its amazing. love it.
    Most fun I've had since Dirt 3 :thumbup:

7. n2o

n2o Member

where does this title sit along the scale between simcade and full blown sim ?

8. r8response

r8response Member

Full blown.

Easily beats RBR as the top Rally Sim

9. n2o

n2o Member

can you tone down the sim aspects with aids ?

10. Clippit

Clippit Member

The PC Gamer review says otherwise - which is immediately and strongly refuted by all the commenters. So I'm still on the fence; I can't believe the game is as much of a mess as the reviewer says, but I don't trust the "fans" either.

Basic questions for me that haven't been mentioned so far: how detailed are the physics? how much is fudged? how does it improve on RBR?

11. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

I dont think its full blown but having said that (ask me again when i put enough hours into it) its better then anything out there at the moment imo.

12. r8response

r8response Member

The PC Gamer review is an absolute joke. It's almost as if the guy who did the review, drove one car and based his opinion on that.

You're an old member of ARSE, go and read the thread there. VTRacing (2014 QLD State Rally Champion) rates it highly.

13. Coopz

Coopz Member

Not sure why people think pc game reviewers are the holy grail of opinions. They are just journalists that play computer games... Quite a few real life rally drivers are loving it saying it's the most authentic rally game they have ever played. :thumbup:

Had to rage quit earlier, had a cracker stage, was 5 secs up on the Comp when I binned it on the last corner... :wired:

14. robnkel

robnkel Member

I've given AC and PCars a rest and picked this up again since the latest release.
    Triple 27's with my gtx680 4gig is too demanding so just using my center 144hz 3d monitor in 3d vision 2 is bloody awesome. I'm also using ENHANCED CAMERA CONTROL MOD 4.1 which allows for excellent camera positioning. 3d is brilliant at 75%, the feeling of depth makes for very precise car positioning, near mimics my own lancer cockpit perfectly. My fov using the above camera mod is between 45 and 50, I sit 575mm from eyes to screen and using fov calculators should be about 32, but 45 just feels more precise and exciting.
    Great game.
    Can't wait for the cv1 oculus rift.

15. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

Finally grabbed this over xmas. It's friggin awesome. Basically RBR modernised.

I wish codies would apply everything they learnt from making this to an F1 sim.

16. maldotcom2

maldotcom2 Member

Got this yesterday, dusted off the G27 and played for 6 hours straight, just glued to it.

Got the Mini Cooper S as my first career car and since it's a bit of a slug I got used to being hard on the gas. After a few hours I had made enough coin to buy a +500HP Peugeot for a hill climb event. My imagination went wild with thoughts of gracefully drifting my way up a winding, manicured European road, the sounds of a screaming turbo and crackling exhaust. Boy was I disappointed when I spent the next 10 starts oversteering into the trees before I reached 3rd gear. :lol:
    Learning curve feels steep, very steep. But I love it.

I always burst out laughing as I cross the finish line. The slow-mo cut scene of my noble steed, where I can see the aftermath of the race in full effect - front end looking like a bulldog's face, every window broken, sparks streaming from the rear wheel as it grinds away on the pavement. :p

17. robnkel

robnkel Member

Loving it in 3D with DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.1, love the lancer.

18. maldotcom2

maldotcom2 Member

Tell me more about this...

19. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Wait til you try it on an Oculus Rift.. :wired:

20. denwol

denwol Member

Best place to purchase right now?
    Thanks