Disc less XB1 SKU to launch this year - May 7 confirmed - $US250.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by power, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Not to mention $99 digital store price VS Cheap Jbhifi launch price. JB have Days gone listed for $66 enough for me to not buy Microsoft’s dickless console.

2. PsydFX

PsydFX Member

Given the current popularity of F2P titles, a cheaper, discless console could be a good option to get people interested in console gaming.

3. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Only reason to buy a xbox s is for the 4k player.

If they wanted digital only, may as well have made digital only X model.

4. MrBS

MrBS Member

Price is ridiculous, going to be interesting to see if this finds a market at all.

5. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

My biggest gripe is in the design of the console... It looks the same size as the S.

LAZY FUCKERS!!! there's no optical drive and it's the same size as a normal S?? no nonononononono..
    if you're taking out key components, especially one as space consuming as an optical disc drive, MAKE IT SMALLER!!
    without an optical drive and with 20 minutes of an engineer redesigning it should be HALF the size of the S..
    I'm gonna call this xbox the:
    Project
    Anti-disc
    Themed
    Hybrid
    Entertainment
    Technology
    Internet
    Console

Or PATHETIC for short.

Funny. One thing I love about about Physical, is that games I paid a lot for 2 decades ago, put disc/cartridge in and go nuts, Digital as soon as console is obsolete, no can do...
    And even when online functions die (I'm a big dreamcast fan, so I was among the first gamers to ever know about this problem) if the game has a single player mode, it still works.

... I'm just angry because I live in Australia, and to download 2 of the 3 included games on the Xbox PATHETIC with the best internet connection in the country would take 3 fucking years...

6. simontifik

simontifik Member

Gotta say I’m disappointed there wasn’t a smaller redesign of the box too. It’s almost as if there was a shortage of 4K bluray drives so the just started running these off the production line without them.

Price isn’t significantly lower either.

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Member

Completely don't get this move, for us the only reason we got the XB1S was because it had BD capability and therefore was a good replacement for our HTPC and BD duo.

8. clonex

clonex Member

they should really be almost giving it away for free considering how much more games cost on the online store than a physical copy from a store:D

thats one thing itunes had over a CD that albums were cheaper.

9. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

got an email from JB.. $349.
    taking all bets on how long they'll take to go under $200.
    a month or 2?

10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Prices should start getting dumped once they get heavier into the teasers for the new xbox

11. Xepper_Pepper

Xepper_Pepper New Member

They might as well have packaged this with a year of netflix and a year of gamepass (year of gamepass is the least they could have done).

JB still have this for $350 which is a total ripoff.

12. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I am confused by this too, why include digital versions of old games when a subscription to gamepass would be much better deal and promote there services.