Display Driver Stopped Responding & Has Recovered (nVidia 355.60)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by willy_manilly, Aug 20, 2015.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well good luck and I hope there is an issue with it so replacement is straight forward :thumbup:

2. power

power Member

As long as the fault is easy to replicate you will have a win, if not expect the same card back....

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Which is why I always go to the nth degree to test mine before sending back under RMA. Don't want the bugger back :Paranoid:

4. biercatt

biercatt Member

flash player

I had no problems with win 10 at all , using chrome , then one day decided to try Firefox after been hassled by a friend , after installing it for a little while, i was prompted to install flash player , then almost straight away i started getting this dam message it became almost unusable so i changed back to chrome , was still doing it so i uninstalled Firefox ,still no good then i uninstalled flash player, removed all traces of it , rebooted the PC and guess what has not done it once since in 4 days ( touch wood ) so i recon its got something to do with flash player not been optimized for windows 10, i am using a NVIDIA card by the way should had said that at the start (sorry),it may not fix every body's problem but it fixed mine something to think about ,Cheers biercatt ?

5. killedbycrimson

killedbycrimson Member

I have this issue on win 7. Seems to do it only with Chrome open. From my understanding its not your cards.

6. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Thank's I will try that out as well.

7. biercatt

biercatt Member

Flash player

Something else a knowledgeable friend suggested that in chrome & Thunderbird if using it , to go to settings , untick use hardware acceleration there available may help , i have not noticed the slightest difference in doing so , worth a try if nothing else helps Cheers biercatt?::confused:

8. killedbycrimson

killedbycrimson Member

I tried that, no luck. My has serious issues with FL studio and chrome begin opened at the same time. Occasionally it will crash FL completely, so now I do anything and hit save. Tweak the knob to -0.02 hit save.

9. biercatt

biercatt Member

testers

bear with me i moment guys a,m about to have a bit of a rant here ,M/soft should have with the card makers tested the shit out of w/10 before releasing it don't tell me nobody knew about this problem during testing if not there testers should be sacked, its the old let the early users be the guinea pigs and we will patch it up as we go from what ive seen and heard its far from an isolated problem causing a lot of people a lot of grief and giving M/soft a bad rep , its not good for loyal customers or the company. If there not careful somebody may start a class action against them ,i know its free etc etc but its just not good for business , if any M/soft reps are seeing this tell them to get there finger out and sort it out asap, also the card manufacturers are just as guilty IMO so come-on guys if you want us to keep buying your products you will have to do better, we the paying customers deserve better , so get it together guys .There i have just had dummy spit ,(i feel better now) cheers biercatt:thumbdn:

10. havabeer

havabeer Member

don't like microsoft.... there's not really alot of other options out there, mac and linus neither of which are really dominating the desktop market.

also i know you say microsoft should test the crap out of it, but there are really that many different makers of cards and components it'd be next to impossible to test them all. i'm not supporting microsofts shitty product or using the consumers as the testers but considering there was 250 million windows 7 licenses sold last year a 1000 people having an issue is just a drop in the ocean to them

11. killedbycrimson

killedbycrimson Member

This is a Nvidia driver issue, not a Windows issue. if you google the issues there are a lot of people complaining about it and realistically Nvidia wont care. From what I understood it was happening on a variety of OS platforms.

12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's just absolutely unrealistic to do such testing. If that's the case then they should test all hardware and that will never happen.

13. OP
    OP
    willy_manilly

willy_manilly Member

Just a little update for you guys.

Swapped out the card while it's been sent off for RMA with a GTX470, i'm still having the same issue. Could it be ram or mobo related?

I flushed the drivers and started again but no help.

This is doing my head in! None of the computer related issues I have are ever straight forward! haha.

14. power

power Member

Yeah this particular issue has multiple resolutions which doesn't make it an easy one.

I don't see it listed anywhere, what brand/model/age PSU do you have?

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It could be, or simply just a clash of hardware. Who knows.

16. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

My second setup has started chucking a shit on the newer drivers with my 660. It is on an old i3 which is running at its limit. It was stable with an i7 in it previously. Cannot be fucked anymore so changing cpu and motherboard.

My gamer does not have the same issue on the latest driver.