Displaying many static pages/pics as a tv channel

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by g@z, Jul 9, 2018.

1. g@z

g@z Member

Howdy, im looking for a solution that can display a static page/picture as a tv channel.

We have a few HDMI to digital TV converters in use at the moment, but these are one HDMI input and one channel output, per device. So if i wanted to display a page that showed todays menu for example, then currenlty i'd have to have a pc with hdmi output connected to a converter and run something on the PC like powerpoint etc.

I'm looking for something that could do this across a few more channels, but without the need for a PC for each page. Is there such a thing?

Regards,
    g@z.

2. Zee

Zee Member

What TV's do you have? If they have a USB input, just use a USB stick with the desired files, then select the file you want shown.

Otherwise, use a cheap Android box for each TV.

Z...

3. OP
    OP
    g@z

g@z Member

150 TVs to manage! Ripping out android boxes attached to TV as the target audience dont like them, too hard to use. something simple like the content just being another TV channel would work great!

Regards,
    g@z.

4. NerfDude

NerfDude Member

5. OP
    OP
    g@z

g@z Member

thanks for the reply. we already have a few of those, thats what i meant when i said converters but I'm trying to get something else so i dont have to have a pc hooked up to it for every page i'd like to display. ive go this idea that in the site with 150 people i can have a chanel thats the weather for the day, the menu in the cafateria, events for the day, events for the week, and a few other pages.

Regards,
    g@z.

6. nico6

nico6 Member

What's the main driver here? Eg to not dedicate a laptop to this ongoing? If yes...

... Intel Compute Stick

7. kooksyau

kooksyau Member

Or a cheap android box, or even a raspberry pi. There's much cheaper alternatives to a pc.

However, having a quick look around it seems that these multiple channel devices are simply multiple modulators, one for each channel. And not cheap either.

Maybe something like this?
    https://www.avaustralia.com.au/clearview-hd168a-low-cost-quad-hd-mpeg4-dvbt-modulator/

Regardless, it looks like you'll need separate sources for each channel that you want to display.

8. nico6

nico6 Member

I was just thinking that if it's currently done in PowerPoint, a Windows machine might be easiest

9. kooksyau

kooksyau Member

Yeah fair enough. Compute sticks don't really cost much either.

10. OP
    OP
    g@z

g@z Member

thanks, some things to think about. maybe one pc and a few multi port graphics cards so i can cut down on the number of PCs to manage!

quad modulator looks good and have been ng at the resi-link page. cheers!

Regards,
    g@z.