DIY Phone Stands

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Defyant, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Defyant

Defyant Member

Took a break from case modding to knock up a few stands this weekend.

Once i got the orig made up it was just a matter of using the parts as a template to router profile more.

Ive been making then from a simple single bent piece of plex... but the prob was i couldnt charge or transfer with that style.

So far ive managed to knock up 4 with another 4 cut to go. Colours are endless :) The blue and white is for the brother inlaw who's a mad doggies fan.

The originals... Almost embarrassed i made these for so long.....

[​IMG]

The new MII versions lift the phones and allow them to be charged

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

S9+ on the blue and S8 on the orange

[​IMG]

Lifting the phones allows for charge or data

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wife's phone has one of those fold over cases so for her stand ive made the holder section a little wider.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's always nice to take a break from modding and do fun little side projects like these.

Cheers D.

[​IMG]

juzz86, firey4059, mad_mic3 and 3 others like this.
  2. PsydFX

PsydFX Member

Great work as always! I really like the design.

Defyant likes this.
  3. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

They look great!

Can I make a suggestion and say for when you (excuse my wording I don't know correct terms/words) but the angled triangular piece you have to support the stand itself and connects to the base, could you maybe make 2 of those side to side to allow a gap in the middle to allow a cable to run through the centre of the stand?

So instead of that middle piece being 50% in the middle, have 2 of those at like 45/55% leaving a gap for a cable to run down the middle. Would look really nice for cable management. Hope you can understand what I mean haha. Looking greattttt!!!

Defyant likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Defyant

Defyant Member

100% man! tyvm :) The blue and white has a 3 layer spine... blue middle and 2 x white outer sides... i can just leave out the blue and space the whites :thumbup:

Will get one made up and post it asap :)

5. OP
    OP
    Defyant

Defyant Member

Cheers again iMomOx3 , i tried the pass through between the back bracket... but to get the curve in the cord i had to lift the phone holder plate up another 10mm... so to keep it as low as poss heres what i came up with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

juzz86, Soc, firey4059 and 1 other person like this.