Do you ever feel like you're wasting time playing games?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by toolsncorpses, Feb 21, 2010.

1. 2_stroke

2_stroke Member

could be getting a root bud;)

2. Mifferz

Mifferz Member

Wish it was a frequent hobby :(

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

moderation is key but it also seems like some people/partners just wanna take what you like away from you because they think it's childish! it's very much ignorance of the other partner for being superficial and not thinking of their happiness.

4. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

curse you sf4 for ps3. i could be renovating and cleaning my appartment instead im trying to go through the arcade menus trying to beat all the options so that i can unlock the hiden characters.

5. power

power Member

To all those in their 20's/teens don't think it'll wear off either - I'm sitting here and turning 35 this year and I game as much as I still can - when I was at school/high school it was hours in front of the Atari 2600, then onto 8-bit Atari computer later to an ST then an Amiga a short flirtation with a Sega Saturn and then to PC and tbh I really think there is not enough time to do everything you want to do in life.

In my opinion we spend too much time working rather than anything else.

I actually think that people should work 3 days and have 4 off and we get paid more for our time, that and more people should be employed so you would have no unemployed people - just imagine that world!!

6. maxwolfie

maxwolfie Member

What ISN'T a waste of time?????

7. DarkForceMage

DarkForceMage Member

If your bored at night and its too early for bed, gaming is never a waste of time.. as long as your having fun and its not pissing you off loosing in some online game.. lol

Whenever I start to feel like that though I go and do a workout in my home gym.

8. FuzzyKaos

FuzzyKaos Member

I am sorta bored of games, waiting for half life 2 episode 3 to come out. I really like that kind of FPS, that and a good god game. Not much of that about anymore, played Bioshock 2, but that didnt last for very long, and Mass Effect 2 is really not capturing my attention.

I have always played games, but never owned a PC capable of running them to their full potential, and now that I finally do, I have lost interest, which kinda sucks.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I find time goes so quickly when you are full on into it. Hours go by before you know it :Paranoid:

10. Riddick187

Riddick187 Member

It's not time wasted if you enjoyed wasting it, this goes for everything, even procrastination.

Otherwise life is inherently meaningless anywhere, but for our own sake we should do everything in moderation. So obviously if you are playing games all day long your organism is going to suffer and the physical aspect of reality will punish you. Quite simply the healthy brain requires exposure to a whole array of different stimuli and has to undergo certain emotional cycles.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  11. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I do, especially when I'm intentionally wasting some time. But then, if my intent was to waste the time, I've accomplished a task in doing so, thus was the time really wasted?

12. Dezza Bot

Dezza Bot Member

I get two jobs. Probably at the same firm and the same position.

If you're gaming in your own spare time, I don't see a problem, but some people have mentioned taking time off work to game? wtf??

About 6 or so months ago, I think I got over a lot of my gaming bug. Sure I still play, but not nearly as much. Definitely I'm spending more time going out and having fun with friends/randoms IRL. Jokingly I reckon my skill in ice skating has gone up one point this weekend.

Oh for the record I'm 24.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

when i get home it's pretty much all i wanna do. there are just some games that really draw me in and it's all i look forward to after work and on weekends!

EDIT: Dating: uncontrollable, unpredictable, not fun. Gaming: Safe, controllable, fun!

14. SmEaGoLLuM!

SmEaGoLLuM! Member

No. If you are a gamer, you are a gamer. Don't guilt yourself over it.

15. Dezza Bot

Dezza Bot Member

You're doing it wrong.

16. M4g3X0r

M4g3X0r Member

It's only a waste of time if you think it is. Have some self control and live a balanced life... ie. don't spend all day playing games. It's all good then :thumbup:

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

don't date, don't care! see no need to be tied down.

18. FB008

FB008 Member

At least i'm practicing my reflexes and strategy skillz

19. OP
    OP
    toolsncorpses

toolsncorpses Member

Yes! I thought it'd lead to this conclusion.

20. maev

maev Member

definitely. i barely ever play games now just because i know i could be improving myself financially, physically or socially. really, either of those 3 outgoes sitting alone on your PC leveling up so imaginary character that means absolute shit.

oh hey epiphany time, instead of making my character stronger, ill make myself stronger.. whooop