Dodo Internet

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Madengineer, Jun 9, 2012.

1. miicah

miicah Member

Your modem has nothing to do with their technical support team.

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

No doubt they have some good prices. If I could get adsl I'd consider them, but then I read all the stories :Paranoid:

3. kandrews

kandrews Member

Maybe because I have P.A. .......?

Umm, Maybe because I seem to have a Telstra Priority Assistance Line happening.

That means I have a guaranteed telephone line set up by Telstra, hence if the telephone line goes down, it's nothing to do with Dodo, it's all to do with Telstra. They have to fix the line fast within 24hrs. And since having Priority Assist, I've never had a bad connection and/or drop out.

You guys may need to get Priority Assist, because that might be why you have such terrible connections.

Just suggesting something that has given me rock stable connection since getting a P.A. and signing up with Dodo. Dodo like every other ISP in Australia is running on Telstra Exchanges and lines. Hence anything wrong, only Telstra is authorized to repair.

But they are forced to supply 24/7 reliable connections when it becomes Priority Assist, after all it's Federal Law that will cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties and sanctions if they fail to provide it.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  4. iphex

iphex (Banned or Deleted)

Yeah P.A. Costs an assload of money though, and it doesnt help if the problem is their end.

P.A. only has to guarantee a line to make a phonecall, nothing else.

5. kandrews

kandrews Member

The Basics of having an Internet and Telephone Connection......

WRONG....It cost me only $124.00 to set it up on a normal telephone line I use all the time (which happens to also be connected to Dodo for internet only).

I pay per month on average of $46 for the Telstra telephone line ONLY.

YES, and how do you get internet, through that exact same line. In fact it's the space inbetween. This time of year with massive loads of rain here in Perth, I use to get a terrible line with static. In fact you couldn't phone anyone or hear them due to the loud static and the internet connection was completely f*cked. No internet at all whether with iPrimus or iiNet.

NOW, the line is super quiet since it was made Priority Assist. And the internet connection is perfect, but I went with Dodo and am no longer shafted by Greedy ISPs charging $100'S for an internet/phone connection per month whether it was working or not.

What made it worse, when I was with iiNet and iPrimus, they said they could not do anything until Telstra saw to fixing the line.....so why would anyone still be with them????

They do not have control of the connection and they still see fit to charge massive amounts of money for a non-existent telephone/internet service.

I just wised up quickly and went this way. Above all else you need a rock solid telephone line. That means it basically guarantees a reliable internet service.

If some here can't fathom this concept of having a reliable telephone line that relates to having an internet connection.......than you need to go back to school and study up on our brilliant telecommunications system, which is still some of the oldest ramshackled garbage ever constructed in the Western World.

Who knows what will happen when and if the NBN finally happens but I doubt it, especially when good ole Abbott comes right in. You can certainly count on him to stuff it up fast, maybe even give it all to Telstra for free.

Mean while I'm quite happy with my current situation and will continue to enjoy something quite rare here in Australia. A 100% reliable internet connection provided for only $40 a month unlimited. :) :) :) :)

No ISP here in Australia wants to admit that they are wholly dependent upon TELSTRA in providing that service. But it's true.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  6. caspian

caspian Member

priority assistance is only for the voice component of the line, not the DSL component.

PA is not available for the asking. it's offered (on request) to people with a diagnosed life threatening medical condition that might be endangered by the unavailability of the voice phone service.

data faults are not covered, and you have to back up the application with signed forms from a doctor that you qualify for the package.

[edit] and if you bullshit them and tell them you qualify and you don't, they get very enforceably annoyed.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  7. biatch

biatch Member

There is a whole lot more equipment involved between the exchange and your internet access than you've given thought to.

Good luck to you when things fail, 'cause your Priority Assist isn't going to assist you with anything other than a guarantee for voice calls. :)