1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Doom Eternal

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Azrael, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i only need 2 empyerean (???) keys away from unlocking the thing in the fortress of doom :D

2. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Hah nice. I've unlocked all the single player milestones apart from 1... Complete the game on Ultra Nightmare. I had a quick go just to see how I'd fare and got killed right before the end of level 2. Didn't even see it coming. bahaha.

3. Partha

Partha Member

Finished the game. Definitely way more intense and more challenging and way more fun then 2016 although it probably overdid the platforming element a bit. The 2016 version seems easier by comparison now where once you get the super shotgun, you can kill everything. In Eternal it is not so easy as you have to face enemies like the Marauder where timing is more important then just super shotgun blazing away. Loved this new game. Highly recommend it.

walker_2003 likes this.
  4. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I just got past the Marauder and I'll say that I'm not a fan. Given how noisy this game is and the reliance on mobility, it's really cheap to put in an enemy that requires perfect distancing that you have to manage while constantly trying to get away from everything else.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

they need to practice social distancing.

James086 and walker_2003 like this.
  6. power

power Member

the irony is the last time they tried to mix Quake and Doom (Doom 3 anyone) they got the mix a bit wrong.

7. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

haha am I seriously still the only one who absolutely loved Doom 3? Doom bias aside? I re-bought it on PS4 recently and then Switch too, genuinely love that game. on topic yeah this is very Quake Arena-inspired, for sure, but it is still very well done and fun as hell. so much platforming though :( I've only just gotten to Earth for first time. but being FIFO, work has changed our rosters to 2 weeks on/2 off for covid, to reduce flights/airport time. so while I might be away for 2 weeks, can't wait to get those next 2 off to really hook in :D

8. power

power Member

oh i loved it, but ppl in general did not.

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

How is doom 3 like quake?

10. power

power Member

Darker.

11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

I loved Doom 3. I played it years after it was released and was still hugely impressed. I thought the flashlight mechanic was great, and I really enjoyed the occasional puzzle element (simple though they were).

gtarmanrob, DangerMaus and ChinoPD like this.
  12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

FECK! random crashing... boo!

13. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Save files are corrupted VERY easily from my experience of the few crashes I've had. It's easy to lose your progress, recommend backups after each session :thumbup:.

14. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Nice. I still play it, only reason i said what i said was that every time Doom 3 gets mentioned it is usually hated on and im always like 'whaaaat, how? Why?' Haha

Touch wood, PS4 hasnt been crashing at all, but yeah as i mentioned other day, heaps of mid-fight Bethesda disconnects which pauses everything and prevents challenge/unlock progress until you sign back in

Fortigurn likes this.
  15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I am trying to get the empyean key thingy from mars core and i keep dying cos fecking marauders not practicing social distancing rules!

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

lil clip I recorded to show my mates why I end these crazy fights with a smile. Thank god for extra lifes, sometimes this game is hard!

17. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

All I can think during that clip is 'WHY HAVE YOU NOT COMPLETED YOUR SUPER SHOTTY MASTERY?!' as you missed so much armor opportunity.

walker_2003 likes this.
  18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Haha only just got super shotty! Does it give armor on kills if you do the challenges?

Also last year I recall devs saying you could infiltrate mates games and control an enemy. That never happened eh?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  19. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

When you hook something it applies a burning effect similar to the flame belch and they drop armour in the same way from damage.

walker_2003 likes this.
  20. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Haha nice. Man looks so much sharper on Pc. This is me on PS4, i took this to show the mrs. Real long fight, probably because i struggle lot more with a controller vs mouse and keyboard