DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. bennyling

bennyling Member

Played a game where one player had more matches played than our entire team combined, which was fun.

Granted it was ARDM, but nice matchmaking there Valve.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/791049088

2. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

Has there been a massive influx of people that just have no idea lately? I had a sniper in my game last night who had died 6 times in 12 minutes, kunkka and and sniper then went on to die 14 times each before 35 mins..

3. OP
    OP
    gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Might be as a result of TI4.

That or obligatory trench tier is real statement.

On that note though I picked Pudge (a hero I'd like to get good with) in a solo ranked game last night because I thought I queued for normal. Had 0 impact and basically lost our team the game, felt pretty bad about it because if I had of known it was ranked I'd have picked more appropriately.

Didn't get flamed once, didn't know how to react to kindness so stopped playing for the night.

4. Comma

Comma Member

If I'm having a bad game I'm usually like "Ergh sorry guys :\" and apologise to the team for being the feeder.

5. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

I find when you get to a certain level people get way less ragey and they recognise that people have bad games.

6. ItsDanK

ItsDanK Member

Sorry, I'm one of them. A mate of mine invited me over to watch the Grand Final and I decided to give Dota 2 a go.

Anyone can pick up the mechanics of an FPS pretty fast but when it comes to Dota and LoL, it really helps to know your meta.

7. Comma

Comma Member

Mechanics in DotA have a relatively high skill ceiling and also are heavily counter intuitive.

I mean, you have to kill creeps, towers and heros to get gold. So naturally you should really want to kill all of them as quickly as possible right?

8. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Not a huge problem...you will be in the lower teirs for now unless you have been killing it.

The issue is the people who decide to try and play the fully legit sick bro strats they have seen at TI4.

9. bennyling

bennyling Member

Dunno, we got pretty destroyed by push strats earlier tonight.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/792664887

10. Comma

Comma Member

Not sure how I feel about that being a 'push strat' then the game lasting 37 minutes...

11. GENERALiDEA

GENERALiDEA Member

I think their pushig would have been delayed by the fact the other team were owning them the entire time haha

12. Hens

Hens Member

Thats definitely not a push strat. The dire are running basically a 4 core lineup, I can't imagine what the lanes were but it should have been very easy to punish.

Also, who bans bs and riki as priority?

13. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

Yeah but you aren't playing ranked right?

14. majesticseacapt

majesticseacapt Member

Grinded my way to ranked matches. Coming from Hon to dota I have no issue with how to play, just the heroes knowledge I'm lacking. Can work out the items pretty quick and most heroes with sine exceptions when there's no Hon equivalent.

Until I was playing as skywrath. Had a good run with him playing as support and semi carry when I realise our carry (our carries as everyone picks carry) are useless.
    Was vs against punge, read his ult and looked out for that, then there was a team fight and I aimed my silence and ult punge, I'm dead. Couldn't work out why, next team fight same thing, even though he was trapped in voids ult. Teammates weren't any help, so I just asked him and he explained his ward. Made me lol but it's all part of learning!

I find the matches so uneven, one game were all over them and they have chance. Team picks good variety of heroes and plenty of voice chat or least good communication. Next game we have 4 carries where no one talks, I feel like leaving them matches straight away as I can guarantee result.

I'm only 14 games in solo mmr so I'm still around 2400 but surely teammates will better?

15. CZA

CZA Member

Haha, if you go back three pages..

16. majesticseacapt

majesticseacapt Member

LOL, wish I saw that before I died twice to my own ult, did he just blade mail and ult the 80% dmg killed pugna in end?

17. bennyling

bennyling Member

If you're playing with other people you know, definitely. Even people you've added whom you've had good games with in the past — supports that can ward/deward, carries that know how to last hit, etc.

I'm about the same MMR and find I have to enter zen-Dota when I'm queueing solo. Music up, no communication via pings/voice/chat unless absoloutely necessary, just do my own thing and hope my teammates do their job. No point in getting fired up about something I can't really change, so no need to bother :)

18. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

How are people meant to play with you if you completely ignore chat and pings? Don't get me wrong, the keyboard warriors out there, I'm all for ignoring idiots and ragers, however I know when I ping, it's always for a reason.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  19. miicah

miicah Member

Nearly lost a 2v5 last night. Riki was level 22 to my level 13 io.

20. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

I've had that before. In a 3v5. The others in my team were all like let's storm together! So they were getting close to double the XP we were, they were 25 before be all hit 16. After 2-3 failed attempts to breach high ground they started to listen to me and went out and got some farm and split push the lanes. Spreading out 3 people makes high ground defence hard.