DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

I have been playing omni in my mmr matches recently. No losses so far!

2. Comma

Comma Member

I assume this is because your opponent don't know how to disengage in 5v5's when your ulti is up and also underestimate the damage output of Purification since it's pure damage.

3. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

I'm a pretty decent support. I have been playing Chen as well and I seem to be going alright with him too. I think the big thing with omni is that I have been able to snipe kills on their big hitters with purification before the fight starts.

4. damo13579

damo13579 Member

played my first game as spectre last night in a very long time. went 19-1-29. had a bloodseeker mid that ganked very aggressively, gave me room to freefarm for about 10 minutes and that was it, was unstoppable.

next game i played we were getting totally destroyed, i was playing Phantom assasin, 30 minute mark all i had was phase boots, vlads and halfway to BKB. our faceless void was less farmed than i was.
    other team had a phantom lancer who was massively farmed, was garrying 2 divine rapiers. they made a push, killed everyone, and raxed 2 lanes. entire team runs back apart from phantom lancer. i blinked out, landed 2 lucky crits on PL and dropped him. came back from being double raxed and won the game. was one of the most intense games ive played in a long time, and a good example of why buying a divine when you are rolling a team is a bad idea.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  5. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

I've not yet played a game either where we won, or when we lost that I thought buying a divine was the right move. Even in games when we are way ahead and our carry buys a divine I get very nervous. I've lost a few games that way.

Maybe as a 5-stack it's a little different, but every pub game I play in where a divine is involved my ass cheeks clench a little...:lol:

6. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Divine is great if you are losing and want to make a last ditch effort for a comeback. Slap it on a gyro or a medusa or someone like that and you have a good chance of a comeback. The issue starts when people buy them when they are rolling the enemy team and then gets over confident thinking they are invincible. I dunno why you would get one against a pa with a 50% dodge and a huge chance of crit :/ Sounds like a recipe for a thrown game.

I have never bought a divine in a pub match generally because if i get stomped I don't have the gold and I don't want to throw a winning game by buying one.

7. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

I agree with your first sentence, but you last sentence also explains why most of the time this isn't viable. 'Slapping it on a...' isn't all that easy if you aren't in a decent position to farm the map. Also, chances are, especially in pub matches that there is an item/s that would sway the tide of battle a whole lot more than a Divine. Sheep Stick, BKB or situationally a Linkin's are some good examples of money better spent and can make a huge difference.

8. damo13579

damo13579 Member

theres been one game i can think of we turned around by getting a divine. had all 3 lanes of rax down but they couldnt quite finish. our alchemist managed to farm one up and we just pushed straight down mid lane through t2 and t3 towers and finished the game. other than that ive rarely seen a situation outside of pro games where a divine has been purchased when it was needed

9. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

I bought one the other week when I was void and we where miles ahead. Was fun holding knowing that if i died things could go wrong haha. But at the same time it made us finish the game a whole lot quicker

Was my first time and don't know if I would do it again

10. damo13579

damo13579 Member

on top of having a PA we also had faceless void, chance of backtrack plus chrono, it was on a phantom lancer with no lifesteal, plus we had an earthshaker.
    he got in a fight with while he had aegis up, ES blink and ult basically killed him from full health.
    oh and after we killed him and void and PA took a divine each he went and bought another one lol

11. w0ng

w0ng Member

There's one item in the game that renders that hero pretty much useless ;)

12. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Someone please tell me how to counter a space cow with bkb while playing as tiny?
    Being perma bashed is the most frustrating thing ever

13. Comma

Comma Member

Hit him with a tree? Mostly try not to be too far out of position so he can charge you, try and bait/wear the bkb down with friendly reinforcements. Eventually it'll be 4 seconds and you'll get to sustain some damage and get a craggy proc or stun him with avalanche and kill. It falls down a little when the space cow gets far enough ahead though.

I don't think the PL understood how +Damage interacts with illusions, otherwise it would be quite a good idea to get double divine rapier on him...

I'm a pretty big culprit of buying Divines myself. I did shock a group of friends by going Midas => Boots => Divine => Refresher on Wraith King. That was a fun game. I lost it twice.

14. hvalac

hvalac Member

Oh wow you lost it not once but twice... That would of been a good game to watch.

15. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Got rid of omni. New ranked support is dazzle!

16. w0ng

w0ng Member

17. |jay|

|jay| Member

SO i havnt played this for along time, tried to play today and I cant even find any normal games or play with other people against bots, im not sure if somethings bugged or maybe the queues are really longer then 5 mins? It used to be around a minute when I played along time ago. Is this normal?

18. damo13579

damo13579 Member

played a few games tonight, longest i waited was 3 minutes.
    that was with a couple of us in a party though, might have helped

19. |jay|

|jay| Member

I ended up just downloading and playing lol instead. ill try again tomorrow

20. shizmo

shizmo Member

So custom maps? Been waiting for this for years.