1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Yay :rolleyes: Stupid move by Valve imo. Especially that they have enabled it in ranked play as well.

2. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

They don't have it enabled in ranked, thank god!

3. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Must have updated that, from reading the reddit yesterday they initially were going to have it in ranked as well!

4. Comma

Comma Member

Had the first person I've ever muted in game last night.

Had 7 wins to his name, demanded mid and flamed. Got to two minutes and he got muted. We won without him and he ended the game 2-12-2 or something very average.

Really not looking forward to Oracle, but we'll see. Less looking forward to way too much PA like all of you haha. Maybe back to AD for a little while.

5. Phat Devil

Phat Devil Member

Had the funniest game and witnessed the most OP combo. Techies with Magnus. Bottom lane in Radiants against Axe and AM. Pretty much you just need like lay down 3 to 4 mines just behind some trees and then have magnus skewer them through the trees to trigger the mines.

6. damo13579

damo13579 Member

might take a break from dota for the next few weeks
    this PA arcana is ruining 2/3 games
    people diving for kills way to early and feeding, and people picking PA then have no idea how to play her. 25 minute PA with nothing but phase boots and PMS, 0-5.
    even when the PA is on the other team, it ruins the game when its over in 20 minutes.

:thumbdn:

7. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

I actually hate PA (only played her a couple of times and sucked) but I bought the Arcana anyway because it was pretty cool.

No idea how I'm going to level it up...

Since it's release I've played 5 games and all have had a PA on either team. Managed to win the contract (or deny) for every single one - 5 bonus rare sets FTW!
    I'm actually enjoying it to work out best strategies to counter PA, as well as working with her.
    She was pretty popular over the last few months anyway IMHO.

First game we played, PA on our team, PL on theirs. Contract was on the PL so we thought we were no chance. I was Skywrath though: Concussive shot (straight to real one) -> Ancient Seal (to silence) -> PA jumps in and wrecks.

8. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

He didn't by chance play SF and fail badly?

Not sure whether it was the same guy or 4 different people in a row who all wanted to play SF mid and even when I went and babysat the guy to a great start still ended up failing miserably and having no impact.

Makes it tempting to give up trying to level my smurf up to level 13. Tbh given it takes forever to get EXP outside of TI and special events I already am considering this. Probably need at least another 60 games.

9. Comma

Comma Member

Nah, he was a PA and we were playing ability draft. His draft wasn't bad, just not suited for mid. Static Link, Reality Rift, Sandstorm, Duel. We wanted our friend with Nether Blast, Overwhelming Odds, Lucent Beam, Eclipse to go there.

(http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1036717942 Game if you cared)

Dodging PA Arcane deal for a little. Might play some ranked though. We got a contract in AD once too... Was a little weird.

10. FarZK

FarZK Member

Play ranked or not allpick.
    I'm gonna have to do that. Even at 4k MMR i'm seeing people give up after the contract is lost and feed. it's ridiculous

11. damo13579

damo13579 Member

played a couple of all random games, a lot more enjoyable.
    skill level in the games seem to be higher than normal as well

12. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

I am actually loving the PA contract thing. More items are always good right?

It does suck to dieing to 1.5k crits but haha

13. FarZK

FarZK Member

Ghost scepter, aghs, refresher on Lina :thumbup:

14. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

I should Lina mid actually :)

15. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Played a game of Oracle last night.
    Seems pretty good but damn he is mana intensive.
    It felt like if we did one fight and then they came back for round two straight after I didn't have enough mana to do anything.

Will play him again to get a proper feel for him but jeez I am not a support player haha.

16. GENERALiDEA

GENERALiDEA Member

Hey k1ller, take a look at purge's video of him playing oracle.
    He said he really needed arcane boots and mek seems to be a bit too mana intensive of an item for him so best to leave to another hero if possible.
    I think he said your best bet is to use 2nd and 3rd skill where you can and save the first skill for use against core heroes and only when you have a nice relatively full mana pool.
    I don't think it's a hero I wanna try though.
    I've currently got my sights set on learning how to play necro and timbersaw as they both seem pretty fun and don't turn into a waste of space late game. I'm also curious to see how I go with slark but I spose the only hard bit about him is planning ahead with dark pact to get out of disables.
    Also, has anyone else thought about using lion and silencer as a counter to pa? Early game, the mana drain and disables work great against him. Lion constantly mana drains and that means silencers curse always does full damage. With no mana, it means you can kill him easy as he has no escape and both heroes do good magic damage. Pretty good way to shut him down early and get enough advantage that he doesn't have any carry presence.

17. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

You could kind of use that combo on anyone, but PA (or drow or viper or bristleback etc) are probably the worst to use it on because of their low cooldown and low mana spells. Dagger is not very much mana... and I'd much rather level up one of Lions disables first.

18. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Ugh, terrible matchmaking tonight. Apparently buying as many bracers on Ogre is a thing.

19. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Ok, this PA thing is crazy.
    Why can't anyone learn that you need to kill PA early and not let her farm.

If she farms its GG. No one knows this apparently.

20. GENERALiDEA

GENERALiDEA Member

I was thinking more along the lines of - Kill pa several times and he literally has no intel so no mana. His mana pool is pretty measly as it is so with a few stolen intel he's screwed.