1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. damo13579

damo13579 Member

zeus is good for finding techies mines with lightning bolt, however he doesnt have the attack range to clear them out.

havent seen oracle played much which is surprising, normally when a new hero comes out they are in every game for the next week

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1076043893

Easily the most intense game I've ever played. Invoker was smurfing so he controlled the pace of the game for more or less it's entirety. We got lucky in their last push in that we caught them out of position, which allowed meepo and me (troll) to take out PA then Invoker. The rest of the team was a cinch, frantic push from there, got to their ancient as PA bought back, Ogre managed a 4x stun and that was game :leet:

3. damo13579

damo13579 Member

nothing better than an epic comeback :thumbup:
    bit odd that ogre chose to level stats at 16,17 and 18 instead of ult. never found that ogre needs stats before skills, especially later in the game

4. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Played two solo ranked games over the weekend as Pudge and won. Am I dirty?
    He certainly is my type of hero that just ganks from the mid though

5. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Only if you play a bad pudge :sick: Pudge seems like such a divisive character though, good ones wreck and bad ones are donkeys. I never seem to have games with an average pudge.

Also I finally have had a set drop from a contract, naga set :leet:

6. damo13579

damo13579 Member

someone playing pudge bad is worse than most other heroes being played badly. feeding is one thing, but bad hooks can really mess things up

example

EDIT
    played my first game as legion commander
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1078015139
    was critting for 2K damage. stole around 250 damage. ended in a base race, i knocked down t3 tower, rax and them t4 towers plus ancient on my own, in the time it took them to knock down t4 towers with 4 people

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  7. damo13579

damo13579 Member

going on the games ive had tonight it must be school holidays.
    :tired:

8. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Yep :/ School holiday dota worst dota.

9. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Not sure if it was just yesterday but people were horrible to play with. Just generally abusive, throwing around homophobic slurs all game and just generally being dicks. I don't remember playing with so many jerks in a long long time.

10. echineon

echineon Member

Well, the surge of school kids. I've got people early abandon left right centre. :tired:

11. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

About 2 weeks ago I played 6 games in a row, each one had someone early abandon.

12. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

Had someone rush for mid yesterday in ARDM. Had an ok start, the pace of the game slowed right down due to changeovers in heroes. Next thing our mid then proceeded to feed and rage all game long.

School holidays :(

Looks like I'll be listening to music and turning in game sound off for the next 2 months.

13. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

mute everyone, it's the only way to stay sane.

played veno, laned with a pa who was missing all his farm so I decided to pick up the slack. he ended up flaming me for days because I was stealing the farm he wasn't getting. thank god for mute.

14. damo13579

damo13579 Member

big update on the way
    http://www.dota2.com/shiftingsnows/

i cant see any changes there i can fault TBH, a few nerfs to heroes that needed it and a few buffs to heroes that were a bit lacking.

diffusal blade not being a UAM is a pretty huge change

15. GENERALiDEA

GENERALiDEA Member

So I've decided that dota should automatically uninstall for anyone who abandons a game.

They've invested time into ensuring people who have connectivity issues aren't affected by their abandons so why can't they make the punishments much much higher for anyone who legitimately abandons a game. It literally ruins the game for the 4 others on their team. So frustrating

The patch looks decent though, plenty of buffs though which should mix things up. I'm wondering what they had in mind with the sniper shrapnel (buff/nerf) though.

16. echineon

echineon Member

Re abandonment issue. I did abandoned some games in my dota time due to work call, other real life stuff and all I did was just apologised and bailed. I think the current system is fine, I still have 0% abandonment. Of course with the large influx of people trying out dota there will be abandonment until they learned to be patient.

17. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

I've had a mixed bag of abandonment issues...

Played a very frustrating game last night where we made an awesome comeback after they lost a teamfight during a Rosh attempt.
    managed to win the next 2 fights and they all just suddenly abandoned before we'd even finished off their T2's...
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1094820710

Then again, best game I ever played was a game where 3 of my team abandoned at LVL 3...
    We played on 2v5 and won lol
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/561757097

18. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

Been awhile since I had such a truly epic game

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1103215127

Jugga/Storm/Prophet/Weaver/AA vs FV/Enigma/Mag/Skywrath/Kotl

Some big team team fights and face palm moments for us on Radiant.

19. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Looks like a bit of a bloodbath...

Curious though... a lvl 25 weaver with no deso and a lvl 25 Jugg with no aghs?

20. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

It had to be a bloodbath. How else do you fight against the triple triad (AoE magic immunity piercing stuns).

A lot of the item choices had to do with where people laned and how things panned out.

Weaver skipped deso and went straight for MKB because void was already halfway to butterfly.

As for how I built with Jugga. I started offlane so my farm was pretty average for the most part and my core items at 20 minutes were Phase/Drums/MoM; blood bath build. This was really a make big plays or go home type of game. A blink dagger probably would have been an interesting item in Hindsight. In the end I more often was looking to bait out ulties and play the sacrificial lamb for Prophet and weaver and try for some ulti dodges with Omnislashes. Aghs would of made me slightly tankier but I'd of been better off grabbing heart or some armor if I wanted to tank up.

Tbh I don't rate aghs as a big item on Jugga in the current patch. Depends on how the game pans out and also where you stack up in farm priority. Getting a butterfly or a Mjollnir will boost your ulti total damage more than an aghs will if you get another big damage item (also concentrates the damage in a shorter period of time). Real hits > jumps late game.

The base attack time buffs have turned Jugga into a real monster late game.