DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Vassili

Vassili Member

Got to punish that early - 2 of the greediest carries around haha.

2. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

Ya, the dusa getting kills early in mid shouldn't have happened. And if she starts getting started, rotate the whole team if needed to shut her down.

Super greedy carries like Dusa and Spectre are countered by early game strats.

Get a Shadow Shaman, Nature Prophet, Tinker. Really anyone who can take map control and push early. Limit their available farming location and smoke gank their jungle frequently. Make their game a living hell.

If you can get all tier 1's by 15 minutes. You've got them against the ropes.

Shamans Wards are awesome to taking a tower every 2-3 minutes. :thumbup:

Just group as 5, drops wards and take tower. GG :)

3. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Yup I thought me and my mate would play pos 4 and 5 and roam together.
    I was Lion he went WD. Smoked ganked all lanes.
    Invoker still went midas and our PA started getting a BF.
    Even though we got kills as rotation, when we weren't there they died.

4. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

So, anyone going to Manila for the Major?

Probably the closest one is going to get to Australia.:rolleyes:

5. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

I don't get the point in going to see and E-sport live tbh, especially having to travel overseas or even cities.

6. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Anyone having issues connecting to servers lately?

If i am in a part with friends i cant connect to games, but every time i try on my own i am forced to abandon and it bans me....

It will find a match with 10 people, bottom right just says " connecting " then after a few minutes it will say unable to connect to server even if i press reconnect, then it forces me to abandon and i get a ban....

ive opened the ports on firewall and added all the exe's to it as exceptions. any help appreciated.

7. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

There have been a few issues with connections over the past couple of days, at least from what I have heard/experienced.

I managed to get a few games in last night, but many of the queues I was in good closed/booted. Eventually found alternatives (I play with most modes open though, so didn't take long to find another).

In other news, I feel like I should really be enjoying this patch, but have had very low success rate so far. :(
    Feels like best strat is to 4 man teamfight, with one late game carry just focusing on farm.
    Feels like it's harder to get ganks (especially 1 on 1) - may be due to health increases?

8. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

Anyway to avoid the ban when it disconnects?

I cant comment on the patch because i dont play this game enough to notice them, all i can say is i suck at the game and im always the last to level up, and i usually don't get any hero kills either. most of the time i get 1 hit killed by other heroes somehow, its a frustrating game, i could never get into these types of games since the very first starcraft.

To many fucking buttons to click lol.

9. Oxygenation

Oxygenation Member

10. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Have you played the tutorial mate?
    When it was in Beta it was a very steep learning curve, but I reckon since Reborn it's been much easier for new players to get into.

Only other tip I would give would be to not die.
    Just don't die.

Thats not a joke or a troll either - the point is you don't really need to 'do' all that much, but just make sure you don't feed the enemy team.
    Pick heroes with useful auras or teamfight mechanics (Tidehunter maybe, or Vengeful Spirit?) and just stay in lane long enough to build your levels.
    Once everyone hits level ~8 they typically start roaming a lot more and group up on lanes. You can leave with them at this time, don't hang around in lane by yourself. If you do you will probably die. And As I've mentioned above, that is exactly what you should not do.

Obvioulsy, as you get a better understanding of the game you can play much more aggressively.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  11. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I would say CM has nearly the most impact vs small to no input, mana aura is very strong on any mana dependent lineup.

If you're jungling sometimes it's better to die to neutrals and tp back in then walk both ways too, but that type of efficiency chasing doesn't usually apply to new players.

12. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

It's always boss when I see someone being chased through mid river to suicide @ rosh. Never gets old lol

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Accidentally agro rosh with some big AOE spell, get nuked into oblivion. Dota life

14. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

only problem is CM is squishy as fuck, someone a bit tankier would probably be better to learn on.

15. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

I tend to agree with that.
    CM is just food for carries.

Litch might be better - would only take a couple of games to get good at casting chain frost, and if you use sacrifice out of range of the enemies you can keep your own levels up, while keeping equilibrium closer to towers.

16. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Lich sacrifice no longer rewards experience (as of september last year!)... sacrifice at your leisure.

17. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I'm sure its just a bug, but according to the client I'm the number 1 in the world at the Fantasy Team Challenge, with a score of 730 on day 1. Second place according to my client has 530.

18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

"JAWBOX" is the top in my list, 530 points

19. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Yeah Jawbox is second place behind me, according to mine. I'm guessing its just not displaying properly, or you'd be seeing me. I only had 1 gold and 2 silvers slotted as well. Surely someone out there has gone mad on cards and run 5 golds

20. Lucifers Mentor

Lucifers Mentor Member

Anyone else watching The International? The quality of the games this year has been incredible, especially with the wide open meta.

That wide open meta has inspired some interesting picks in my pubs though - last night I had a Winter Wyvern, which isn't that unusual, but it was clearly a WW inspired by TI, as he spent the whole game emoting that we need wards, without ever buying any.

No longer gives the enemy experience, but it still gives the Lich exp.