DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Well the point of me saying that was to let people know they didn't need to do it out of exp range anymore.

Also, pub games are a bit shit whenever ti or any significant tournament is going on, 5 mans trying cheese strats making the game last 16 years.

2. Lucifers Mentor

Lucifers Mentor Member

Yeah, I figured you knew that, but just in case anyone reading it didn't quite understand the mechanic - sorry about stepping on your toes a bit there.

3. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

The games have mostly been great. Some intense short games and some really long ones. There's no fixed meta of only super aggressive strats work or only super late game strats work. The variety of heroes picked is excellent, it was over 100 different picks prior to the main event even starting.

4. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Anyone know what the 'No Memes' referred to?
    Saw it everywhere in the TI6 broadcasts.

5. Broden

Broden Member

6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

7. Broden

Broden Member

BZZ Pugna? Sold :D

8. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

So new major patch.. 7.0.

Still plagued by the same problems at low mmr, people not knowing how to take advantage and win a game when you're ahead and letting the other teams carry's farm until you cant beat them..

9. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Yeah it's definitely a bit of a downwards spiral to 800 MMR...

My solo was at 2500 and has dropped to about 900~ while my team based is still sitting around the 2900~ Mark.

#foreverstuck

10. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Absolutely annihilated some buttholes with Monkey King last night... huge nerf incoming.

[​IMG]

Though... the game prior showed not everyone knows what to do with MK

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  11. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

I really hate the new patch.
    I get what they were trying to do, but why make the abilities so fucking OP?

Whichever team is winning by about level 10-15 ultimately just snowballs.

Every game is like a game of IMBA.

Pudges with 7000+HP
    Anitmages with evasion, cleave, mana burn, blink, manta illusions, bash and lotus orb like spell block... hitting for 400+.

12. Ryansta

Ryansta Member

Need to read up on MK no idea what his spells do... Massive damage sometimes. Then he is killed by a solo support... Probably most players dont know him too well.

I'm also not a massive fan of the update. Feels like quite a different game, USUALLY i know when we've lost, when we are in a good or bad position etc. Now it never feels like there is an advantage or disadvantage. One fight you get stomped the next you stomping.

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

He's squishy, need to build Vanguard and skadi.

14. Ryansta

Ryansta Member

He is squishy. Probably my imagination but everyone seems to die easier... Read the change logs and not much has change but I really feel uncomfortable most of the time.

Warding is a nightmare as well now, don't know where to ward. Solo support is 10 times more difficult. So many spaces for ganks to get setup.

Australian servers are generally 4 Cores and 1 support. If I choose a core, then there is a jungler so I end up solo anyways.

Im always in a solo queue so suppose thats probably why.

15. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

I think MK might be good for newbie games but his ult won't confuse anyone once people catch on to it lol. The rest looks good though.

16. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Not really about confusion as it's clear which hero is the real one.

Basically if you have both teams knocking heads in a team fight, MK's ult is almost a "we win" button (depending on crowd control spells available to the enemy team)

MK's ulti, stun, and passive also work really well together for 1v1 ganks. Get movement speed in the perk tree and chase for days.

17. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Played a match since the update.... yuck! looks like dota is turning more and more into LOL......

Keep it simple, fark.

I've been playing since 2012 and even before then, dota on war3... but if they keep fuckign up the dynamics, that might be the straw for me.

18. Vassili

Vassili Member

I think the talent tree over stats is great - hud needs some work. Health and mana on top again please.

19. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Yeah I agree with the talent tree but I found myself squinting / hunting for stats which I shouldn't need to... in a game like dota you need to focus on Map awareness/your toon and not on trivial small things.

20. Vassili

Vassili Member

Yeah tbh, if I could click a button and use the old hud I would. Constantly searching for shit. I'm sure I'll get used to it buts its been a shock to the system.