1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Donkey is the courier. Someone on your team should buy one in every game. Usually this is a 'support' type hero's job. It can be upgraded to fly to more efficiently transport you items.

Item recipes are necessary components for higher items. You buy the ingredient items + the recipe to get the better item.

Yup, right click is buy.

I rebind to my side mouse buttons. I don't tend to need more than 2 active items. Not sure what I'll rebind to if I need more. Haven't checked if the Shift+key binds work like they do in HON. Groups are important because some heroes will have you controlling multiple units. eg, chen, meepo of they add him.

Eating trees great and cheap way to heal. You can use it strategically by eating paths to escape, eating a tree to get out of furion's ring of trees spell.

No there's no bushes.

Camera seems much the same as HON and War3 so not sure of the problem there, but I've not played LOL to compare notes.

I'm also having trouble with my last hits. I'm too used to the little last hit marker in HON, made it pretty easy.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. shizmo

shizmo Member

There are a huge amount of bushes to hide in. Seems all the spots from Dota are in so check this guide for an idea - http://www.dota-blog.com/2009/06/dota-juke-spotsecret-path-after-dota.html

Had game with Dragon Knight was nice and beefy, the dragon forms are very very satisfying on the new engine. Just crazy AOE splash damage really makes you feel like a big scary unit. People that don't know the char seem to run in fear hehehe.

3. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

No there's not. When he says bushes there are special bushes you can hide in where you'll be invisible to anyone outside the bush. It's a LOL thing. There's plenty of patches of trees and things to hide in, but they haven't copied the bushes.

4. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Some mega kills on this vid.. :shock:

5. shizmo

shizmo Member

lol serious.... bushes... hahaah

6. ewok85

ewok85 Member

Not very useful to move my mouse off a target and onto the icons just to see the range - there has to be a console command which toggles the range overlay when selecting a spell via the keyboard :(

Need to keep looking...

7. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Should learn the range of your spells :) Only need to check the range once if you've never used the hero before then you're set.

8. timmyofcourse

timmyofcourse Member

Been trying for so long to get a key for aaaaaaaaaaages then get given 3 in a week! Is this the same for everyone in the beta?

(p.s I have 2 spare now. Let me know if you want one :D) echineon shotgunned!

(1 spare now!) Both goneskies!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  9. echineon

echineon Member

shotgun 1 please (for my mate so I will double check with him first)

10. Gua5d1aN

Gua5d1aN Member

I got 1 key to give away, first person to PM me gets it.

PM me your steam name if u want it quick!

11. OPM881

OPM881 Member

Played a couple of games last night and am loving it. Played as spirit breaker and enjoying it a great deal. He plays just like rampage did when he was first introduced to HoN(as he should as rampage was based off him). It took a game or two to get out of the habbit of buying my normal rampage items for him, but once I got out of the habbit, was having a great time with him.

Just one thing that makes me go wtf. Lina, she is a fire mage. First ability is fire related, second is fire related, third is fire related as such. Fourth? Fire? Nope, lightning. WTF

12. echineon

echineon Member

one thing I noticed is that my mates who are regular HoN LoL players won't be able to grasp the idea of spell casting animation will cause delay. :mad:

13. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

I have no idea what items to buy each hero so I have been buying the suggested items.
    Is this a bad thing?

14. echineon

echineon Member

No it's not a bad thing as it will give you general idea what type of hero you're playing as well as familiarise yourself with items. However, you can certainly read on a couple of guide for situational item build (esp. early game). Also, you can change and save the suggested item list once you've made up your mind on your favourite hero.

15. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

With regards to buying items I have found lots of the early game items I used to buy in DOTA like wraith bands and stuff aren't that great. I prefer to spend it on the first bit of a bigger item (Like one of the +6 single stat items or boots) and sustainability items (Potions and the tree eating one). The axe that chops down trees, Quelling Blade I believe its called? Offers bonus damage to minion which is great for early game last hitting

16. fang_laluna

fang_laluna Member

Me me me me me me me...

PM sent.

17. Pollywaffle

Pollywaffle Member

If anyone has a spare key, I'd be very grateful to you if you PM'd it to me! I'd love to try this game out.

18. dangerdom

dangerdom (Banned or Deleted)

would also be ridiculously appreciative if someone had a spare key for me.

19. OPM881

OPM881 Member

How on EARTH does a HoN player not grasp that? There is spell casting animation delay in HoN as well, to the point where some people annoy the crap out of other players by going to cast the spell(causing the beginning of the animation to start) and then stopping it before the spell is cast to cause a massive noise spam.

20. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Whats the best place for guides that people have been using?