1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. moosi

moosi Member

haha... you made a funny, sb is probably one of the strongest 1on1 str heroes imo

2. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Or that, what ever works, and yes someone did
    Also turns out I was slightly mistaken about the specifics of orb walking, doesn't make Viper any less easy mode however

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  3. Miff88

Miff88 Member

I love it.

I've been a WC3CM DOTA player back when the map was horizontal, so i've seen the game really evolve over time. I was also a very regular appearence on bored aussie's before it died in the A

I love how everything has their own little animation. It's also cool that you limp when you are sub 10% life.

It's still early days but i do find things to be pretty balanced by end game... unless Ursa/Huskar get fed!

The game play i find to be very polised. i love the courier mechanic

4. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

I almost gave up on this game. Learning curve is like a cliff face. I asked some pals to sign up for invite, but that would be worse... 3 noobs on one team... When are they going to make a tutorial mode (it is greyed out)?

Anyways, i played today, and persisted with one hero. Had a blast. 12/1/9, 11/3/10.

I found the trick is to not die. Im a complete wuss now. You die, you lose money, time, and exp. The enemy gains what you lose. So i run away... :thumbup:

5. DaLeroy

DaLeroy Member

I've played one coop with a mate who's really good and tbh the learning curve is a bitch. Just can't see myself doing well in a pub match. Too much shit to learn.

6. kmeck0

kmeck0 Member

Would anyone here have a spare invite?

Have a friend who wants to be gifted :)

Thank you!

7. Sledge

Sledge Member

8. Croc

Croc Member

Would love invite if anyone got one to spare.
    Thanks

9. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Now that valve are charging impatient people for invites does that mean we can charge you :D

More seriously, I haven't been given any extra invites for ages. I got a bunch shortly after I received my invite, and haven't had anything since.

10. mtw

mtw Member

Anyone have a spare invite by any chance?

11. leathal

leathal Member

Also really keen on beta key

12. AngMoh

AngMoh (Banned or Deleted)

is there much of an australian presence in the low/mid tier clan world?

13. flyingracoon72

flyingracoon72 Member

Howdy guys.

I'm trying to start a local Dota 2 clan competition for Australians, and am currently looking for teams to trail 4 team 5v5 round robin. More information, and team sign up (or submissions of interest) can be found here.

This is just an initial trail, and depending on numbers of people interested hopefully there will be many more. I'd really like to see a OCAU team enter, but feel free to enter your own personal teams. I've posted the same thing on WP, so maybe we can get some forum clan rivalry like with what happened in TF2.

PM me for any more information/questions etc.

:D

14. Dev One

Dev One Member

Had enough of D3, back to Dota 2 for me

15. mtw

mtw Member

Yep, I hit that point roughly 3 weeks ago. I think it was the day before the real money AH started...

Haven't even wanted to play since. What a piece of shit that game turned out to be, so devastating :( I think Blizzard has lost their touch...

Don't fail me Valve!

16. moosi

moosi Member

The game feels too slow paced compared to Dota or HoN from which I came... i've been playing about 4 games a week of this since beta, trying to get into the flow of it. Just can't seem to, with all the noobs from lol that just play the game like its a farm fest and multiple carry pickers.

Not to mention the slow pace of the game, argh, really puts me to sleep after about 10mins. Game takes too long to load for at least 1-2 people each time.

Seems like this is far too catered for the lol player than ex-hon/dota player. And no vote kick/remake system for the afkers at the start is really annoying.

17. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

haven't played for awhile but its still very much like dota where if you want to have a decent time you need to play with people you know and stop playing pubs.

There's a lot of LoL people trying to get into it and from what i understand they're bringing the pace from LoL as well. i.e lane until you get the items you need and then actually start the killing. If people make mistakes in the early game they aren't really punished e.t.c A lot of friends who play LoL say the game is too faced pace/too much going on :p

Just get a decent group of people together and see what happens :thumbup:

18. Comma

Comma Member

It's very different from LoL, as you need to pick your comp around your meta. The AD carry meta in LoL will translate, if you make your team around the carry and let him have the farm, but pushing teams, or semi-carry teams can beat them in the early/mid game (Once played against

TL;DR Different games completely. Meta is a bit more diverse in DotA.

Also. Just did this. I am an "Interior Crocodile Alligator". That bloodstone had 38 charges.

[​IMG]

19. oaks101

oaks101 Member

steam names of anyone who plays?

mines oaks101

20. Chris McMahon

Chris McMahon Taking a break