1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. nkzai1

nkzai1 Member

aus server,easily said full of noobs.better off playing on sea server even though my ping reaches 233ms

2. Leithal

Leithal Member

Yes please, if you have any left :)

3. nugzta

nugzta Member

If anyone who is new to the game, you can add me (nugzta) on steam. I have already 6-7 regular people (some new and few vets) to practice, I could use few more people to have 5v5 practice matches. If you are good players, feel free to join too. But if you are expecting good players only in your team (don't like playing with newbies) then this isn't for you. The aim is to get familiarised with the game and not taking it too seriously.

We have TS access for easy comm and lastly I also got some invites. So shoot me pm online if you want one. Cheers:)

4. n2o

n2o Member

added you nugzta, i'm a complete newb that doesn't play any RTS. :Pirate:
    i'm striken

5. abc123asd

abc123asd Member

added you as well!

6. Clippit

Clippit Member

i never have any problem with noobs. it might be because i'm in such a high skill bracket. i am pretty good at dota.

7. DisaFear

DisaFear Member

I just started playing a few days ago XD
    No no, don't yell at me, I don't leave games!

Learnt the basics from friends, enjoying Jakiro and Omniknight atm :D

8. moosi

moosi Member

seems there isn't any penalties for leavers etc.

9. abc123asd

abc123asd Member

They get put into the low priority queue, takes them longer to find a game and they get matched up with other leavers

10. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

Probably more a of veteran at dota.

With matchmaking even if you are in a higher skill bracket you can still get matched with newbs. Try playing early morning {8AM-12PM} and you'll run into a lot of newbs, leaver and ragers simply because most of the better players don't start playing till after 1PM. The server will attempt to match you up evenly but the longer it takes to find a game the more likely you will encounter someone outside your skill bracket.

Give it a month and the brackets for the Australian server will be more refined. Most players are still adjusting to not having to compensate for the extra delay ~ It's always fun canceling all your attacks too early :|

No point raging over newbs as no one got good overnight. I tend to find people who are in the middle more annoying to be honest. Most of them try to tell you what to do instead of focusing on there own game, which is followed by a little tantrum at the end of the game where they blame everyone except themselves for the subsequent loss.

If you really enjoy Dota it won't matter win or lose you can still have fun.

11. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Steam just downloaded a 166mb dota 2 update. Can't find what it is though, anyone have details?

12. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

13. clonex

clonex Member

added as well :D

14. n2o

n2o Member

tried playing on my own today, total headless chicken :upset:

i didn't feed which was an achievement, other than that i had no idea what i was doing other than buy the recommended gear and spam spells.

i've decided to stick to skeleton king and sven since they seem pretty easy to play. just need to sort out their builds

15. Clippit

Clippit Member

add me for low-level coaching! i will show you all the dubious builds

16. n2o

n2o Member

tried searching for clippit on steam, too many returns.

17. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

To the pros: I have been having fun with Silencer. I was playing a game that had Lifestealer on the opposite team. It seemed I was never able to hit him with Last Word.

I checked his equipment and did bot notice anything, and none of his powers seemed to say anything. Was I simply imagining it, or is there something funny going on here?

Edit: is it the 'Rage' ability? Immune to magic?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  18. echineon

echineon Member

check my dota profile, most successful heroes are Bane, Omniknight and Silencer, even before the new last word for Silencer. :D
    About lifestealer, his Rage (Q) is a free BKB so it won't work on him. Same for Spinning blade on juggernaut. You better off use Silencer's ult as initiation tool, especially if your team has secondary initiation like Tide Magnus or Centaur. GL HF.

19. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

I think I need some help with silencer. His dual role as a support and a carry is weird. I think he is fun. But oh so squishy.

20. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

just got absolutely smashed by a team queing together (similar names), they had siren, dark seer, magnus, enigma and medusa and where timing there ults + dark seers pull in thing perfectly, it was a thing of beauty lol