1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

DotA 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. n2o

n2o Member

2. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

I watched some really high level games (1500+ wins) and am suddenly depressed. They click so often, and are just all over the place.crazy. And they seem to do a little dance all the time when going for last hits. Looks like the go to attack and cancel it repeatedly...

I dont think i have the time, patience, let alone skill to get to that level.

3. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Benefits noob-intermediate players too, I've never really tried creep pulling and stuff and after seeing those videos I gave it a shot and it really helped the lane, also got a kill out of it early game when they ran too close to tower.

Previously I hated QoP, however just had a game where I randomed QoP, I got fed early on and ended up 18-6, now I like QoP :p

4. Dev One

Dev One Member

Spamming them a and s buttons!

5. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

If you play Support heroes you can get away with not having to last hit as much if at all. You spend more time focusing on positioning and killing :)

6. nkzai1

nkzai1 Member

:Paranoid: turn off auto attack.makes it easier to last hitting.wanna pull enemy creeps towards you?attack the heroes once then back off.the enemy creeps will come to you. the trick to pulling neut is that you have to stack them at least 2 creep camps to prevent your creep wave from pushing the lane.that way you can control the lane and let your carry farm a whole lot faster.high level games doesn't meant someone with high number of wins.look at both their level and win rate.

7. Clippit

Clippit Member

been playing a bit of invoker lately...

kind of a showy prick. i like him :)

in fact, for new players:

8. n2o

n2o Member

those vids are hilarious !

9. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Why aren't they just opening this game f2p already? Getting annoyed with invites every week.

10. wOOt

wOOt (Banned or Deleted)

Cause its not complete yet. Still quite afew bugs, also still many heroes missing.

11. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

I think they really need to keep it as invites... the complexity, and the fact that it is just so hard to SEE anything in the game, that people really need to be coached by friends if they're playing for the first time.

The clean crisp graphics are so nice, but with the camera so zoomed in, and the UI so fucking huge, it ups the learning curve drastically for new players, who are used to looking at their main screen, rather than focusing on the minimap, lol. It seems like every dota 2 ability has almost a screen-width range.

12. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

Yeah I wish it was zoomed out just a tad...

13. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Still prefer w3dota, I think it just looks better, nice and simple.

I really dislike the look of dota 2, heroes look nothing like what they used to.

14. DisaFear

DisaFear Member

Lol, I somehow lost a 3v5 (me being on the 5) :p

Really having fun with Lich atm, he is so much fun in the early game. However, I have no idea what do with him, or any supports, in the late game. Do I just stick around my team? Or do I have to ward, without any support? People keep telling me to ward :(

15. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

Just played a great game with 4 other noobs. Somehow, we got flogged, but won the game. The kill difference between the two sides was 13 at one stage. I think the other team just got too focused in kills. We managed to sneak in amd take their ancient.

16. Vassili

Vassili Member

Sounds like BD to me :p

17. DisaFear

DisaFear Member

Woo 12-3 as Lich XD Clearly the MVP!
    Had a go at Lina, she is pretty good :)

18. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

I had a similar game except we where down about 20 kills,

Luckily i was PL with travel boots and a whole bunch of other stuff and managed to take bot and top rax while they took mid rax, few mins later i got mega creeps lolol they where so mad because i was using clones to push 2 lanes while i hid

19. KAOSPHAZE

KAOSPHAZE Member

Team play,TOWERS and calling Miss's ... wins Games ..

Seen the tables turned over Kill greed? how many times do u see a Nuker Blow an Ulti for the last 10 HP ... LOL.

A good social inhouse lobby is going most nights cause of this thread ..!

:)

20. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Buying wards and teleport scrolls also wins games. I have quite a few games where I pretty much buy no other items as a support hero. I get some boots, a courier, consumables and then spend most of the money I earn on TPing around the map to defend my allies from tower dives and to set up ganks. When you have a powerful ally solo farming and a gank on them suddenly turns into a double or triple kill for your team because CM was carrying a tp scroll. Thems good times.
    Following the Kaosphaze tips, get a mic and use it. You can say mid miss faster than you can type it, and it'll sink into your team mates thick skulls better. In team fights you can actually make sure you're focus firing. You can tell that lion who's getting ready to blink and KS you that you've got it and to jump on someone else. You get the occasional game where some asshole will tell you to STFU because you're trying to be competent at a game. Ignore them, let them rage, send a report. Fuck those guys.

Lich is a fantastic choice for starting hero. Little difficulty in using any of his abilities and he's useful even if you have 0 items. I don't know if they publish such stats for Dota2 yet, but the Lich equivalent in HON had one of the best win rates in the entire game.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013