1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Downhill Mountain Bike Finals - Awaba

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Shane T W, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Shane T W

Shane T W Member

2. Rogue_Elefant

Rogue_Elefant Member

The last pic is awesome! :thumbup:

3. ywn

ywn Member

it is a good pic but i also think that its going to hurt if he comes off with no protection on his hands and legs

4. Sir Ghallahad

Sir Ghallahad Member

Last pic is sweet panning, love it.

Meh, harden up, roadies wear nothin :p

5. Stygian Shane

Stygian Shane Member

Last pic is cool. I would have loved it if #4 was panned just a smidge to the left, to capture the cyclist's whole helmet with a bit to spare. It's a great action shot free of other distractions. #1 I would have liked if the colours of the tree leaves were brought out a bit more - but looks from the pic to be a difficult affair, given the lighting and the .. natural colour of the leaves. Exciting series though!

I quite like #2, also. It appeals to me, but I'm not sure why!

6. Audionut

Audionut Member

For me, I think 1 needs to be a bit more tighter with a rider in shot to give it the color and subject focus.

4 is shopped. The artifact by the rear tyre is the dead giveaway.
    It's extremely obvious in the original size, but for the resized shot, the removal on the artifact at the rear tyre, in between the riders knees, the rear axle (the 'pan' is going the wrong way), and I'd move the blur going forwards from the front axle towards the rear (of the axle).

7. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

I like the last one with the blurred background all swooshing in one direction. :thumbup:

8. OP
    OP
    Shane T W

Shane T W Member

These guys were pretty solid, saw quite a few of them take a few nasty falls or corners but they just got right back up and kept riding.

Might make that change actually, editing was pretty rushed for a friend which was probably a bad choice.

Brought out a bit more? By adding more contrast or do you mean colour wise?

It just looked like an extreme shot to me. Probably the only one taken during the entire day.

Possibly but I mainly picked it due to the looming shadow in the front which made it a different shot when compared to the rest.

Shopped in what sense? I only did the basic editing for that photo which included colour and exposure adjustment for that photo. The only image I that I would consider I did heavy editing would be the last with the blur. It's not really a portrait photo so I didn't really do any touch up on these set of images at least.

Thanks for the comments guys! Loving the feedback :D

9. Audionut

Audionut Member

In that you used photoshop (image editer) to give it the 'panning' effect (the sense of speed).

I'm not having a go at it, I think it looks pretty good myself, hence why I suggested a few things I would have done to touch it up a little more.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  10. phreeky82

phreeky82 Member

You said photo #4? All the photos not loading for you? #4 doesn't look modified at all and has hardly any motion blur.

11. Audionut

Audionut Member

I just can't count!! Sorry guys. I meant the last one.

12. OP
    OP
    Shane T W

Shane T W Member

Ah, had a little feeling you might have meant that one. It's all good, yeah that one I photoshopped heavily :p

13. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

Is that Chris Kovaric (sp) total nutter and rider of everything? He can do it easy with no gloves or armour as he doesn't fall off, stuff he can pull off!

14. CptVipeR

CptVipeR Member

Not Kovarik. He rides an Intense M9, not a Santa Cruz.