1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Pepper Club

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by MrSmith, Jul 11, 2006.

1. DumbparameciuM

DumbparameciuM Member

Places that I've bought it from in Sydney have mainly been around the CBD. Sugarfix at Pitt St Mall sell it in various forms (when I moved away from Sydders about 2 years ago they were talking about stocking Dublin, but I'm not sure if they have or not). There's also a health food shop in the Pitt St Mall in the food court directly under Central Point tower.

For the people who were discussing importing bottles of Dublin - When I was living in Newie, there was a sweets shop that sold Dublin, but only in the glass bottles. She said she would be interested in talking about buying crates of them, but I never got around to it. Also, Bibina Wholesale in Warners Bay sold cans - a case for $45. I don't know if either of them would ship, you'd have to call and find out.

Now that I'm in Canberra, this shit is everywhere. I can buy it at uni, or wander down to the local shops and pick up some cans. Still horrifically expensive, but soo worth it. One thing I have been missing from Newie/Sydders is all the other cool shit - caffeinated Mountain Dew, Big Red, etc etc etc.

2. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

i was in fremantle on the weekend and discovered that coles is selling cans of dr pepper for $1.79 from the fridge section.

they're the dutch imports.
    this is the first time in a very long time that i have seen a major retailer selling dr pepper. i wonder if it might start to make a come back?

3. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

Haha! Just found this thread. Have been a fan of Dr. Pepper since it's release in Australia :D It all started when Me and a friend would collect his dads gold ring pulls from some beer and traded 5 (I think) for a free Can of Dr Pepper :D so we had about 30 ring pulls to trade from every case!!

I actually visit Newcastle a couple of times a month. I was literally in Bibina 2 weeks ago and they had 24 pack of Dr. Pepper for about $25 - I don't know if this was a special or their normal price now!

Either way, if ppl in Sydney (CBD area) are interested, I would be happy to get you a supply.

4. mikkas

mikkas Member

Blockbuster Morningside QLD, 355ml @ $2.85 a can.
    [​IMG]
    There's gotta be a better deal out there yah?

5. trasher

trasher Member

The lolly shop at the hyperdome in Briz has 12 cans for $15.

6. m0nr

m0nr Member

for anyone at UNSW the pharmacy in the quad sells them for $1.75 a can :)

7. SaWBLaDe

SaWBLaDe Member

for anyone local at the top of Wantirna Mall there is a part shop selling all sorts of american drinks (inc Dr pepper) and a few american lollies.

i spoke to the owner before the store was open and he said $3 a can (from the fridge ofc) but he could do a better deal if you bought a pack rather than a single can.

8. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

Costco Melbourne have 24 355ml cans for $30, cheaper than USA foods.

9. AERO

AERO Member

dam i paid $24 for 12 last week rofl. still was worth it :)

10. Sanzy

Sanzy Member

Yeah I paid $22 for a 12 pack at the Darrell Lea in Bass Hill Plaza near Bankstown. These guys have a heap of different drinks in single can (cherry coke, cherry pepsi, moutain dew code red, doctor peper, diet doctor peper, doctor peper cherry, A&W) and have 12 can boxes of can's but these seem a bit more random as to what they have in stock.

But I just grab a 12 pack when I am out and keep them in the fridge for special occations or when people come over and go on abotu not having had it in ages I give them a taste of the dr Peper goodness.

11. MooGliSH

MooGliSH Member

I assume that's not Dublin though

12. pepsimax

pepsimax Member

if you want a real drink look left

13. FRaNTiC

FRaNTiC Member

What? You mean made in Dublin or something?

14. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

dublin, texas.
    it's the only american made dr pepper that sill uses sugar instead of HFCS.

it's a better tasting drink than the HFCS variety, but still not quite as tasty as the version made in the UK.

15. FRaNTiC

FRaNTiC Member

Cheers thanks for that! Now I'm off to lunch soon to get a Dr. Pepper... where to go in Melb CBD... :p

16. Grimezy888

Grimezy888 Member

I only just noticed that USA Foods has 48 (2x24 Cartons) cans of Dublin Dr Pepper for $59.95 posted.

So around $1.25 a can.

17. The Wiz

The Wiz Member

Got that email today too. Just ordered another 2 slabs of the stuff as my order from last time is almost gone.

18. sympozium

sympozium Member

the offer in the usa foods email was basically a reminder, its been up for a couple of months, quick postage too

19. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Pity postage to Sydney is $45 :(
    Works out to be almost $3 a can :(

20. The Wiz

The Wiz Member

Ah, hadn't checked again after my last order. I just received an email this morning that it has shipped already after placing the order last night. Can't complain about that.

Are you looking at the right promo? it's $59.95 for 2 slabs including postage to anywhere in Australia.