1. Win some Crucial goodies in OCAU's Christmas Treasure Hunt!
    Dismiss Notice

Dragons Dogma

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by FOXH0UND, May 14, 2012.

1. FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

This is looking to be a potential GOTY
    Demos out now on PSN and XBL, highly recommend you check it out. Comes out on the 24th.

Who else Is picking this up?

2. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

I definitely will be. Looks like monster hunter without the mmo styled quests, heck even some of the mechanics are taken from it.

Most definitely day 1 for me.

3. OP
    OP
    FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Yeap. Exactly what I was thinking. God I'm keen for Monster Hunter HD.

4. MrBS

MrBS Member

Preordered with zavvi.com. Gets all the preorder bonus BS and I'll only have to wait for it to arrive in... what? July? :p

5. Haillion

Haillion Member

+1 for this game. It reeks of fun, just smashing the mobs that get progressively harder with each level leads to some hard core monster slaying. And there are even quests so after 6 hours you actually feel like you have accomplished something.

6. Tsudo

Tsudo Member

I've been having a blast playing this! Having more fun than I did playing Skyrim :)

Hit me up if you want to share pawns! GamerTag - AndrewAU

7. OP
    OP
    FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Fuck you exams. Will be getting g this next Tuesday.

8. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

this, i've got it sitting here but won't be playing until after exams :upset:

9. LuNa7ic

LuNa7ic Member

Really enjoying this. The plot is unsurprisingly bad, but the gameplay is brilliant. Pet peeve: third person makes it bloody difficult to follow the whereabouts of flying enemies.

10. OP
    OP
    FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Where is everyone buying this from?

11. MrBS

MrBS Member

I got mine from zavvi.com ;)

Level 24 and loving it. I love the fact that as far as ARPGS go both the action and RPG elements are done really well.

12. MrBS

MrBS Member

Level 38. Going to be hard for this not to end up being my GOTY at this point. Loving it. There are so many small touches and attention to detail that make this game a classic. The devs went to a lot of trouble with this game. The random fights with the bigger enemies just wandering the wilderness top most of the scripted 'super epic boss' battles I've played this generation.

13. OP
    OP
    FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Fml I hate being poor.

14. B.thomson

B.thomson Member

Playing as a mage type, one thing I hate is when fighting epic monsters you can get them down to a sliver of health and then if they hit me once I'm so squishy I die lol.

However, absolutely loving the game so far, it's pretty awesome even with the occasional annoyance.

15. MrBS

MrBS Member

Level 41 assassin now. My pawn is a sorceror now which makes any giant enemies a case of distract the big guy long enough so my pawn can finish cast spell then reign in the death. So awesome :D

16. PRiME2007

PRiME2007 Member

My guys are around level 45, can bring down a Cyclops like its a small goblin :)

17. White_Ice

White_Ice Member

Sorry, my bro got this game on xbox 360 and i tried playing it and its freaking great accept its getting bloody difficult. Only have a basic fighter Armour and not having much luck getting any better stuff..

Anyone pawned the game and able to gift me some decent wears for fighter class ? Trying to get crimson but errrrrrrr Plzzz help!! lol

:confused:

18. MrBS

MrBS Member

Just keep playing and level up and difficulty goes away. It's great being able to go back to enemies you were avoiding just a few levels earlier and destroying them.

Seeing as the game doesn't scale at all this does become a problem at end game where you are pratically one shotting everything. I'm at level 80+ myself at the moment going through a second playthrough getting the other classes up and I'm ROFLstomp everything now.

19. White_Ice

White_Ice Member

Aww yeah sweet, i like no scaling. Yeah loving the game aye, im addicted now. Im only lvl 26 atm. But yeah yeah its just me though, i like pawning through everything even though it does take away from the challenge and point of the game i do agree but doesn't bother me. lol

Yeah i got jealous and want some leet gear because i found this crazy lvl 23 pawn that i saved and am gonna use that has "dragons dogma" sword and crazy stuff. Its str is 1058 (188) and def is 578, and only lvl 23. I would love to have some better gear just to amuse myself so much more. Haha

Would love to get either the best amour or Best weapon early on.. Iv got decent money kinda saved waiting to be able to get some good stuff but not finding much really. Will try and get the Crimson armour from Everfall, apparently you can get the set in chests there, and can buy the plate for 600k lol Hoped that someone who had owned the game and is over it could gift me something cool for my fighter..

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  20. MrBS

MrBS Member

The thing is due to the lack of scaling and being able to go way past the intended level weapons/armour don't make a difference once your 70+ because your base stats are enough to attack monsters naked. You'll see quite a few naked/near naked pawns at higher levels ;)