Draytek

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Schnapper, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Schnapper

Schnapper Member

Hey all,

I'm about to setup a wireless network at my place and have been looking at the Draytek routers. Is there a reason as to why they are so much MORE expensive than the DLink\LinkSys similiars?? I assume there can always be a premium brand as such but they just seem so inflated I was hoping someone may be able to point something out that I missed.

Cheers

-Schnapper

2. caspian

caspian Member

because they're quality kit. D-Link, to be perfectly frances, make cheap shit. Linksys are better but still not awesome. Drayteks don't overheat, have fast router processors, large NAT table memories and tend to support a heap of high end features.

in general, if you have a genuine need for those sort of features you'll appreciate them for what they are and the price starts looking a lot more reasonable. if you're wondering why they're so expensive then you don't need one.

3. OP
    OP
    Schnapper

Schnapper Member

There are features I like such as the 3G USB for ADSL failure that I do really like, mainly because I move house a lot and getting ADSL connected can take time, this way I can get my network up straight away.

Partly the reason why I'm looking is that my soon to be HTPC will need to transfer my bluray collection so I was going to move from 802.11g to 802.11n. I've got a dlink and it is average so I wanted to compare what else is out there

4. bryn

bryn Member

Draytek are really SME gear- very very good. A big step up from DLink/Linksys/Billion in terms of reliability & often in terms of useful features as well.

5. jab_au

jab_au Member

Not to mention they have one awesome web interface to go with the features , makes things simple to setup and use.