Drift Australia Promo Girl

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Rainey, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Rainey

Rainey Member

Another one for critique, this one has been photoshopped considerably to increase the DOF effect and also enhance the model's contrast. It was really hard conditions to shoot with as the sun was behind the subject. That is one of my cars behind her too. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

2. d31

d31 Member

Not too bad, but sorry mate it doesn't have the Pop factor for me.

3. blakeyboysmith

blakeyboysmith Member

yeah just doesn't have it.. think your right about the lighting.. its seems the front of her is in shadow and thus lacking a little detail or something ... but i'm no expert.

4. seer_claw

seer_claw Member

He did comment that the sun was behind the model, therefore the shadows are falling towards us. I'm not really getting much from the shot. You might have tried some different angles to get better lighting of the model and maybe include more of the car behind her. just my opinion.

5. Ploddy

Ploddy Member

What about trying the b/g in b&w?

What about the whole thing b&w?

Your car's b&w anyway :D but right now there isnt one focal point for the shot - it's kinda flat.

Worth a try maybe?

6. undef

undef Member

first of all the girl doesn't do alot for me personally so i guess that influences how a person feels about a pic..

ok.. did you lighten the pic as a whole in PP? just seems washed out.. lacking contrast..

you did the right thing having her face that way, into the sun would have been worse... the squinting she would be doing alone would void all reason to take the pic in the first place..

and use fill flash... i can't tell you if you did.. as I can't see exif nor am I sure if you didn't lighten it up in PP..

7. norbs

norbs Member

I thought she was hot. :)

8. Flp

Flp Member

You don't understand what undef has to compare with.

He's a fucking pimp.

9. BooY

BooY Member

i know nothing about taking photos so can't actually help there, but is that her ribcage showin that the bottom of her shirt thing, cuase that just umm off putting ie/ looks wrong and sorta focus to that first going wtf?