1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Drowned.

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Pharcyde_84, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Pharcyde_84

Pharcyde_84 Member

[​IMG]

CC?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. buism

buism Member

I quite like it, there is something distracting but i can't put my finger on it.

I'm assuming that the shot is during the day time, and the little specs are just dust.. but it has a very nice feel to it like stars. Even the bottom of the pot adds to the effect, feels like a reflection of the night sky. Very nice.:thumbup:

3. Smeegles

Smeegles Member

Each to their own, it does nothing for me.
    Black and white with grain or a nice dose of lomo action and it could be different.

4. 0oBelialo0

0oBelialo0 Member

I like the simplicity - it has a nice feel to it.

If it were me, I'd 'clean up' all the spots in the water - because they're high contrast they draw attention.

I also would have preferred the lip of the pot to be in focus.

Ben

5. xhanatos

xhanatos Member

it's an engaging shot :thumbup: if i had any photoshop skillz.. i would try to change the colour of the drowned flower to white. imo, the spots in the water adds to the shot.

edit: maybe burn the bottom right a bit so the line/crack isn't too visible.

6. OP
    OP
    Pharcyde_84

Pharcyde_84 Member

Yeah, my issue is that I have absolutely zero PS skills - I just tinker in LR until things look good. Photoshop melts my brain though.

I would have liked the lip of the pot to be in focus too. Sadly I had to shoot it wide open as the light was fairly crappy, so I needed the higher shutter speed.

Cheers for the CC guys. I'm fairly un-creative most of the time, and any of my decent shots come from photographing people / bands. I was just glad that I had a little burst of creativity come through with this one and it landed me with something half decent.

7. Kozzie

Kozzie Member

i like the dragons