DSE Silicon Chip Digital Tachometer

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by jd16591, Jul 6, 2007.

1. jd16591

jd16591 Member

A mate of mine recently purchased a digital tachometer kit from Dick Smith (catalogue K3241). The kit is manufactured by Silicon Chip but marketed by DSE. The kit was first puplished in august 1991 in silicon chip. The problem is that the kit does not come with instructions that show what goes where on the PCB's. Does anyone have this kit or own a copy of the August 1991 silicon chip magazine? or know where to get or obtain a copy of the instructions?

Many Thanks

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/468dd6700065be7c2744c0a87f9c0766/Product/View/K3241

2. -KoMoD0-

-KoMoD0- Member

Take it back and get a assembly manual, it should be included

3. wabbit

wabbit Member

Silicon Chip is just a magazine which does designs and publishes them.
    In this case, DSE would be the manufacturer and marketer.
    If it was purchased from DSE it should have come with a copy of the original article and if it didn't, then that's your first place to go.
    Alternatively, SC offers an article reprint service.

www.siliconchip.com.au

4. OP
    OP
    jd16591

jd16591 Member

Thanks for the quick reply, it is much appreciated.

I will contact the DSE customer service and spare sparts department otherwise it is another trip to the city because they were the only store that was semi close that had the kit in stock. I have had a few of these kits before and they always seem to be missing things and in this case it was the most crucial part.
    thanks