Dual audio output in Windows 10?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by kain0rer, Jun 6, 2017.

1. kain0rer

kain0rer Member

Hi all,

Just looking for a way to have some listen in on my PC using a second set of headphone (would need a TRRS duplicator/adapter for the easiest solution, don't have one on hand.)

I have a Creative Titanium X HD card and running Windows 10.

What are my options without buying an adapter?

Thanks in advance.

2. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Probably about nothing. You could do some convoluted Virtual Audio Cable type shit where you pipe the out to an in then make 2 outs that go to the physical out on your soundcard but really just buy the adaptor and enjoy your life.

3. _zak

_zak Member

I had the same card, and there's no way to enable simultaneous analogue output as there's a hardware switch in the 3.5 mm jack that turns off the speaker output when something's plugged in. Very annoying if you're used to a software headphone/speaker switch!

The original Creative forum is now dead, but this HardForum thread has the relevant quotes.

4. OP
    OP
    kain0rer

kain0rer Member

Awesome. Good to know, thanks man. Out of curioisity, what card do you have now and why the change?

I found a few 3.5mm y splitters but they all invert my sound unfortunately.

5. _zak

_zak Member

Not a particularly exciting story I'm afraid! I really liked the Titanium HD, but I moved my speakers to a different room and at the same time downgraded to mini-ITX. I'm planning to get a USB DAC at some point, but have found that I'm using my desktop a lot less of late, so it just hasn't been a priority.