Dual DVI-D GTX 1080 Ti?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by SKITZ0_000, Dec 24, 2018.

1. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if a Dual DVI-D 1080 Ti is something that exists? I'm currently running two 27" IPS DVI monitors (with custom PCB) which I run at 90Hz on Fastsync.

I'm perfectly happy with the display quality and performance of the monitors, however currently running 2 x GTX 1080 Ti's to output to them, which I would like to change to 1 x 1080 Ti, thus the question.

I can't use adapters or anything like that, as then I lose the ability to overclock the refresh rate. I suppose option two would be to instead use a cheap S/H card, which after losing lanes/additional performance and still choking airflow on the primary card, I may as well keep the SLI setup...

Thoughts?

Cheers,

-Dan

2. congoh

congoh Member

As far as I know, Dual DVI-D GTX1080Ti doesn't exist (and it's extremely unlikely to).
    Reference NVidia GTX1080Ti cards dropped DVI and ships with DisplayPort-to-DVI (dual-link DVI-D) adapter or by converting the onboard HDMI 2.0 connection.

DVI connector is too big and since GTX1080Ti are targeted for VR applications they want to cram as many DP or HDMI ports so I don't think you'll find dual DVI anywhere.

3. OP
    OP
    SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Thanks, I did figure this might be the case but thought it might be worth a try incase her was some obscure release for Asia or something.