Dual output 110V transformer

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by [AFX]Northy, Apr 12, 2018.

1. [AFX]Northy

[AFX]Northy Member

I am restoring an old pinball machine and I have tracked the issue back to the output from the 110V transformer is non existent, I am trying to track down a 110v to 6V & 24V output at 15A. Any ideas where to begin to look?

2. merlin13

merlin13 Member

Used to work on these yonks (!) ago - what make/model of machine?

That almost sounds like custom windings for the original manufacturer, so you want those specific 110v specs then you may have to go original from somewhere overseas because the old local companies such as Leisure and Allied down in Sydney only ever played with genuine 240v units. Unless you snag one from someone "upgrading" a machine to work on Oz mains volts over here mebbe.

Other options might be either two separate trannies or even getting (or two...) custom wound - got a spare kidney to sell?

But do have to ask though - if you're doing a repair/rebuild why stick with a 110V power feed, or are you seriously rebuilding back to original?

And are you actually up here in BrizVegas? If you are there's a crowd over a Capalaba called The Pinball Shed, mate of mine who is into them reckons he got some parts from there a while ago, and they might be able to point you a someone doing an Oz conversion. Failing that, back to Uncle Google to ask for either a transformer supplier/maker, businesses supplying suitable parts or links to any clubs/groups into working on pinnies.

3. OP
    OP
    [AFX]Northy

[AFX]Northy Member

Its a Williams 15A - 6771 transformer, Its had a 240V down to 110V transformer fitted and wanted to try and keep it as close to original as possible. Yes I am in Brisbane to I might go and pay them a visit.

4. merlin13

merlin13 Member

Unfortunately you didn't post up pinball model, so here's something to keep you amused to see if the bit is still available from O/S... :)

5. OP
    OP
    [AFX]Northy

[AFX]Northy Member

Sorry I didn't have the name with me at the time, Its a Williams 2 Player Super-Flite