1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Duke Nukem Forever - NOT vapourware, bitches!

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by RoboBust, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Partha

Partha Member

I completed the game fully and I can say that the main game is not that bad as many make it out to be, 6.75 out of 10 may be for me. The expansion pack - The Doctor who Cloned me was much better 8 /10 for me.

2. bozodos

bozodos Member

Playing DNF after following it since the first mention I saw in PCPP mag #22 or so was one of my most depressing gaming experiences. Can't believe I spent so long on the 3DR/Duke4.net forums obsessing over every tidbit of information that could be found for more than 10 years.

It only really started to get bad looking back from when George Broussard did the 3rd or so restart after he played Halo (of all games) and thought that the team should ape it for DNF.

While I'm glad that Gearbox and Tryptych were able to release SOMETHING, IMO it did more damage than good to Gearbox's reputation.

The expansion was slightly better, but I didn't finish it.

3. Coopz

Coopz Member

I played it for about 30m and lost interest. Also it's the only fps game other than the original Wokfenstein that's given me motion sickness :sick:
    Reinstalled the modernised version of Duke Nukem 3d and it's still a better game, 20 years later.

4. bozodos

bozodos Member

That was the worst part of all!

5. The Brad

The Brad Member

100% agreed.