duron 900 unlock stuffup

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by elvis, Aug 3, 2001.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

helped a mate put together a duron system yesterday (a very much needed upgrade from an un-overclockable celeron 300a). my hands are a little unsteady, so i told him to do the pencil unlock. he must have missed one of the bridges, because now he can only do whole number multiples, and not any of the 0.5 incrememnts.

funny thing is he can boot 110*10 no problems, but not 123*9, and neither of us can be stuffed taking the heatsink off to re-pencil the bridges to see if 116*9.5 works, so i guess he's stuck! poor bastard. :)

EDIT: whoops... this was supposed to go in AMD hardware. is there a friendly moderator handy? :)

2. Rass

Rass Member

I see neither of you are obsessive enough to be "r33l" overclockers :)

What pencil did you use?? Perhaps the penciling was not hard enough..

3. OP
    OP
    elvis

just a bog standard HP pencil, very sharp. he said he wanted 1.1GHz, and that would make him happy. so no real dramas as far as expecting more from the overclock. but as mentioned: we're both lazy and couldn't be stuffed prying that heatsink back off again! :)

4. l||l|l|-BaRc0dE

l||l|l|-BaRc0dE Member

What temp you getting with it...

Also did you up the voltage at all ?

5. OP
    OP
    elvis

according to his last email, he currently sits at 1134 (126*9) at around 45 degrees. he can clock it higher (115*10), but the lower FSB is worse for his benchmarks/framerate.